Air Box Stack Positions??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Box Stack Positions??

The velocity stacks that go through the air box wall and onto the carb mouths of my air box are not lining up with the carb mouths.
    There are little "tits" on the stacks right where they meet the box. Can some one take a look at their air box set up and tell me what the position of the little "tits" is on those stacks where they go through the box behind the carbs.
    Thanks a bunch.
    Rob
    KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN

1978 XS1100E Modified
    1978 XS500E
    1979 XS1100F Restored
    1980 XS1100 SG
    1981 Suzuki GS1100
    1983 Suzuki GS750S Katana
    1983 Honda CB900 Custom

Have you reassembled these ? 'cos they may be mixed up. The center two are identical twins but the left and right ones are 'handed' i.e. the outside ones can't be swapped.
    Brian
    XS1100 LG "Mr T", SG "ICBM" & FJ1200
    Check out the XS Part Number Finder

Be not stingy in what costs nothing as courtesy, counsel and countenance.

Comment

79, tits on top. hope Prom doesn't see this

Comment

Thanks guys . It made sense to me that the "tits" would be vertical as reference marks but it wasn't working. I did have the air box apart but had not removed the stacks. Anyway as it turned out the PO had 3 outside stacks and 1 center stack. Good think I have parts laying around from other bike air boxes. So I now have the carbs and air box on my bike :-)
        Rob
        KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN

1978 XS1100E Modified
        1978 XS500E
        1979 XS1100F Restored
        1980 XS1100 SG
        1981 Suzuki GS1100
        1983 Suzuki GS750S Katana
        1983 Honda CB900 Custom

Comment

Also the ridiculous 'fume burner' - that twisty, bulky mess of grungy, filth filled chalky plastic tubes that lurks stealthily hidden inside the airbox, almost like some sort of creepy parasitic leech - the bike runs fine with it removed completely

Comment

Working...
          X