fuel filters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fuel filters

OK here goes. Checked fuel taps - OK. tried blowing through line from tap end. Heard things bubbling then finally settled, did this on both sides. Strangely, bubbling noises from air filter (overflow?). Anyway, didn't work, farting and couging. Tried rerouting with a shorter direct line and filters lying horizontal. Farting and coughing. Removed the cursed filters, straight line into carbs and it fired up easy as pie and lapsed into a perfect smooth idle. I have taken that tank off about 20 times now. The paper filters, and their air bubbles, can go to hell!! I will try some stone filters, as I don't think they will have as much air bubble issues, even they do not filter as well. I will aim to get tank done as soon as budget allows. I should note that a similar paper filter in line on my little CX500 is working fine, in horizontal position. Seems that the XS has a higher fuel demand or doesn't like all the looping around. Perhaps another brand or type of filter may work, but I have other things to spend time on. Many thanks for those giving ideas and advice. Cheers.
    Scotty J
    Burpengary, Q Australia
    XS1100E 1978
    XJ900N 1985
    Ariel 350 Red Hunter 1949

Comment

Working...
    X