No announcement yet.

bikes been sitting over winter not winterized

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I buy a lot of bikes that have sat for years. It seems a lot of friends gets the bug to ride a bike and they all go buy a bike and ride it and maybe two of ten will keep riding. The other bikes set for years until they get tired of looking at them or they try to start them and have no knowledge of what they are doing.
    That is usally when i come on the scene and take the troublesome usless piece of junk off thier hands.
    Years ago i would clean carbs,get a good battery,and make sure i had fire and get the bike started. I then would spray a small can of WD 40 through the carbs just to lubricate the top end and loosen rings.
    Then i learned about Ring Free(a Yamaha Product) and Sea foam. Now i get the bike running and run a tank of gas treated with Ring Free measured for the "shock"treatment and sea foam. I consider Ring free the best thing on the market for cleaning the top end of a engine.
    If you have a foggy site glass where you check your oil level just add seafoam to the crank case and it's a good bet that the glass will clear up.
    Roy
    Roy Bean ebay moniker roy-b-boy-b
    1982 Xj 1100 2002 V Star

Comment

Working...
    X