Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Speedo / Tack dampers option, maybe a tip?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedo / Tack dampers option, maybe a tip?

As many know the speedo and tack dampers for the bikes with the square gauges are nearly impossible to find. At least that seems to be the case. If you know where to get them please post.
    Anyway while I had my air box disasembled for rebuilding I noticed that the seal between the upper and lower halfs is made of the same stuff as the dampers and is very close to the same shape including a catch lip. I am sure that if one needs dampers for the speedo and tack, and had a spare air box , they could use that seal to make up some dampers. The air box seal would of course have to be not damaged by gas.
    Rob
    KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN

1978 XS1100E Modified
    1978 XS500E
    1979 XS1100F Restored
    1980 XS1100 SG
    1981 Suzuki GS1100
    1983 Suzuki GS750S Katana
    1983 Honda CB900 Custom

Got some through from the Yamaha place awhile back for my 80G. They were like about $6 each, but were still available bout a year ago.

Steve
    80 XS1100G Standard - YammerHammer
    73 Yamaha DT3 - DirtyHairy
    62 Norton Atlas - AgileFragile (Dunstalled) waiting reassembly
    Norton Electra - future restore
    CZ 400 MX'er
    68 Ducati Scrambler
    RC Planes and Helis

Comment

Your talking about square gauges?? I will check with my dealer but they pretty must have the same set up as bike bandit on their computers and bike bandit lists them as discontinued?
      Rob
      KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN

1978 XS1100E Modified
      1978 XS500E
      1979 XS1100F Restored
      1980 XS1100 SG
      1981 Suzuki GS1100
      1983 Suzuki GS750S Katana
      1983 Honda CB900 Custom

Comment

Hey Rob,

If you'll look at the tech tip for repairing a broken tach needle and gauge face that I posted, you'll see a reference to some gasket type material that I found at LOWE's home building supply, that you could cut and use, it has a self adhesive side, and once cut, makes/leaves a nice lip edge as well!? JAT!
        T.C.
        T. C. Gresham
        81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
        79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
        History shows again and again,
        How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Working...
        X