Don't you hate it when...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't you hate it when...

So, we get back from the Spring TeXSive rally, and SWMBO says, "Don't you think you oughta replace that rear tire?"

Yeah, I guess. So I get a new tire and have it mounted. I am trying to help out a new bike repair shop here in town. He's a really good wrench, charged me $15 to mount the rear, and he used the old school spinning wheel balancer. Thought that was cool.

Back to the story, so, I thought, why not fix a few of the leaks in the final drive while I got the rear wheel off. Ok so now I gotta place a Bike Bandit order.

While I'm waiting for those parts to come in, I thought, I should clean up that rear wheel a little, so I pulled off the final drive inner cover, and painted it gloss black. Looks good!

Oh oh, now the swing arm looks like ****. So, pulled the swing arm, sanded down all the rusty stuff and hit the entire arm with that miracle rust inhibitor that turns into sandable primer. Totally cool! I will hit it with about 1000 coats of high gloss black and about 500 coats of clearcoat. That'll fix the rear end up!

Oh, oh, the rubber boot between the swingarm and the middle drive is cracked. Damn, now I gotta replace that!

So, I went from just replacing the rear tire to basically redoing the entire rear drive train. Geesh! Someone please stop me!

If I keep going this way, I'll never have Packmule put back together...

greg
    Last edited by skippy344; 05-17-2007, 09:14 PM.
    Gone but never Forgotten:
    1980 XS11SG - "Scorpion"

Current:
    2006 Yamaha FJR1300A - "Orion"
    2007 Honda CBR600RR - "Twitch"

"Life is not a journey to the grave, with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid on broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming:

WOW - What a ride!

Someone please stop me!

Certainly NOT....
    Time to get a second (or third or more) XS
    So you can ride one while another is receiving some Xsive attention....

mro

Comment

That's what us north country people do in the winter months so we don't screw up our short riding months... well, sometimes we just think about it!!
      79 F full cruiser, stainless brake lines, spade fuses, Accel coils, modded air box w/larger velocity stacks, 750 FD.
      79 SF parts bike.

Comment

Hey Greg! Trying to "Keep up with the Jacksons"?

Comment

If you just quit thinkin about it and order up the FJR, you could just keep on goin till ya run out of bike to spiff up. Bikes are like houses, always sumthin to do to 'em.
          When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

Working...
          X