No announcement yet.

forward controls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

God, I like to see what you tinkering/engineer types come up with!

Couple comments. For tie rod ends, I've found the best prices are from
    Economy Rod Ends
    They have 1/4 inch units starting at $2.45 each, 3/16 for not much more. I used then as a source for the 1/2 inch tie rod ends I use on my trailer hitch. They also have radius rods and other bits and pieces that might prove usefull.

Second, I have a pair of mini-floorboards mounted on my engine cases that allow me to rest my calves on them and get my legs really stretched out, this helps comfort in long-range riding as an alternate position. If you run lowers, as I do in the spring and fall, this can be an issue but at those times of the year I'm generally not making long runs (>150 miles) anyway.

Like the idea of keeping both OEM and forward controls.
    Jerry Fields
    '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
    '06 Concours
    My Galleries Page.
    My Blog Page.
    "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

"I can't believe that I missed this posting!"

Glad that other thread directed me here.
      Oh, I just can't stop laughing!
      It just got better and better...

Don't misunderstand me, T.C. This is truly a fine piece of inventive workmanship! I think Jerry's first line sums it up pretty well.

I just can't understand where you find the time for all this. I figger'd at our age, we're supposed to slow down and get sloth-like.(or is that just me?)

Oh, and that "Pivot Mode"...!
      Oh, Great Caesar's Ghost(yeah, reference that one, tough guy!), Was that funny. (Not funny, mind you... I know what it's like to stretch my legs, resting my calves on the case guards till my feet go numb... ) But funny how one man can just sit there and conceptualize things like this to make reality bend to his personal will. Incredible!
      It's a good thing that we live a continent apart.
      If we ever met, I'd probably just sit there staring at your head, visualizing all the little gears whirling about in there as you figure things out.
      (I liked that "L" shaped bracket behind the shift lever)
      T.C., you put into action what we mere mortals can only dream about doing.
      "Gentlemen... behold the Master Tinkerer!"
      "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

driver,s backrest

hi !! can you kindly tell me where you got the drivers backrest??? i think i might like one!! ride safe ,,slow mo!!
        The Belfast Express {1980 xs11oo special/TC fuse box/mikes xs pods/bad boy horn!/mikes green coils/mac 4 into 2 exhaust/ standard bars/vetter fairing c/w ipod CD iphone am/fm radio/tkat fork brace ,,,tuned by tinman
        moemcnally@hotmail.com
        i AM THE KING OF NOTHING

the people here are great , doesn't matter about the bike really/hamjam ////

Comment

I picked mine up on this sight. I think they look great they have several different styles. Check them out. You have to buy the linckage kit seperat but they have done all of the work for you.

http://www.tcbroschoppers.com/index.html
          1978 XS 1100 Standard - Bobber project
          www.fullthrottlefurniture.com

Comment

tech tips?

I saw this thread awhile ago and was wondering why this is not under the tech tips for modifications.
            TC's forward controls look great. I would want to try this someday.
            Trying not to offend since Aug 28, 2010

Disclaimer: I am an idiot. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.
            Owner of:
            1979 XS1100F (The Pig)
            140 mains
            45 pilot jets
            Floats at 24mm
            Running Rich

"Arrogant, delusional tyrants can't be stopped by earnest words and furrowed brows. Action, strong bold action coming from a position of strength and determination, is the only effective deterrent." -Mitt Romney

Comment

Working...
            X