vetter cycle sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vetter cycle sound

I jsut got a vetter cycle sound with the oem equipment. The radio works well but the speakers are a little water damaged. a Anyway, it looks like the person who wired this only used 1 channel. It has a sticker on it that says Fultron by Arthur Fulmer model number165700. I don't know if these units came with the reciever already installed. Untill I can afford to put a new stereo in here with high power speakers, I need to wire this one properly. IT has 9 wires. 3 power I believe and 6 audo output. The third power wire is orange and I have no idea what it is for. There audio feed wires are all screwed up. Anyone have a wiring diagram?
    United States Merchant Marine Academy, Kings Point, NY
    If I can do it at 18 yrs old, anyone can
    "You know something, You can't polish a turd"
    "What are you rebelling against", "Well, what do you got?"
    Acta Non Verba

Hi there. The orange wire is for ;the memory and needs to be on an unkeyed hot wire. It keeps all of your pre-programed stuff on. Like the clock and stations. As far as the other wires there should be pairs of wires in colors. Just seperate them and hook them up to a speaker to figure out which channel they are. the neg wire should have a strip I believe.
    81 SH (SHotgun Special)
    110 mains
    idle jets 2.5 turns
    floats at 24mm

You live, You learn, then Die and Forget it all

Comment

There aer no presets and there is no clock. I tested it and it must be some sort of aux feed. I think I just figured it out but am not sure yet. I think the tape eject is electronic and runs on an unswitched feed. I am going to test all of the extra wires with an AC voltage meter to test the signal. See what happens next. Thanks again for the call Mark.
      United States Merchant Marine Academy, Kings Point, NY
      If I can do it at 18 yrs old, anyone can
      "You know something, You can't polish a turd"
      "What are you rebelling against", "Well, what do you got?"
      Acta Non Verba

Comment

Possibly for a automatic power antenna .... ???
        80G Mini-bagger
        VM33 Smooth bores, Pods, 4/1 Supertrapp, SS brake lines, fork brace

Past XS11s

79F Stone stocker and former daily driver, sold May '10 now converting for N.O. to cafe style
        79SF eventually dismantled for parts
        79F Bought almost new in 80, sold for a house
        79F The Ernie bike sold to a Navy dude summer 08
        79SF Squared-off Special, Vetter/Bates tour pkg., Mikes XS coils, G rear fender and tail light. Sold June 09

Comment

what color are the wires ive done a few stereo installs would be wiling to help if you need any also if you need some speakers i have a set of 6by8s made by jvc let me know
          4/78 xs1100 standard
          Pacifico fairing 4 into one exhaust

new name :black Knight

I am but a student in this world of xsive masters

Comment

originally post by Hobbyman
            test all of the extra wires with an AC voltage meter
            That might work on my Kenwood system in the living room...

mro

Comment

Working...
            X