More trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More trouble

How you guys doing? I cleaned the carbs for the 5th time. Now It runs great till 6000-6500 Rpm and on. Below that it runs on all four. great idle very smooth . Great throttle response. But under a load when i get to 6000-6500RPM it almost sounds like a rev limiter kicking in. If I stay on the throttle it feels like it dropped a cylcinder or two. I cant even imagine what this may be. Please help!
    1979 XS Eleven
    4-1 Mac Exhaust
    Kuryaken Handgrips
    Crash Bars

Pickup coil wires.

Valve adjustment.

Carb floats set too low in the bowl.

Carb slide boot(s) have holes or their lips are not set properly in their slots.

Needle jet clip set wrong, try moving clip down one notch.

Tank cap vent plugged.

Clogged fuel filters if you have inlines.

Comment

I think Randy nailed it. Move the needles up one notch in the slides. Worked for me. Can be done with out taking the carbs off the bike
      wingnut
      81 SH (Daily Ride)
      81 650XJ (Brother in laws bike, Delivered)
      81 650XJ Jane Doe (Son's Ride)
      82 750XJ Project bike (Son in law's future ride)
      81 XS 400

No man has a natural right to commit aggression on the equal rights of another; and this is all from which the laws ought to restrain him.”

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Figured it out. took the bowls off and found carb#2 main jet sitting in bowl. dont know how it came loose but I put it back on. Now OK. Thanks for the help
        1979 XS Eleven
        4-1 Mac Exhaust
        Kuryaken Handgrips
        Crash Bars

Comment

Glad you found it. I've heard of that happing before. Don't ask how
          wingnut
          81 SH (Daily Ride)
          81 650XJ (Brother in laws bike, Delivered)
          81 650XJ Jane Doe (Son's Ride)
          82 750XJ Project bike (Son in law's future ride)
          81 XS 400

No man has a natural right to commit aggression on the equal rights of another; and this is all from which the laws ought to restrain him.”

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
          X