XJ1100 Specification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XJ1100 Specification

I have a xj1100 which I am in the process of registering in the uk, does anybody know or knowwhere I can get hold of a detail spec. of this bike, Items such as Max Net Power, NOx, Co2, Drive by Sound Level etc. Also is there anyway of finding out the history of the bike in the USA.

Hi Dr Das
    If you PM me with your email address, I'll send you a scanned manual.
    Have you seen our site here in the UK, just click here

Keep revving

Mike

BTW, I've got an XJ1100 as well
    Mike Farnworth
    XS1100 E & XS1100 Sport Project

Comment

Also is there anyway of finding out the history of the bike in the USA.
      Not much to say of US history of the XJ. It was sold as model year 1982 for 1 year only. Because of some state registration rules, left-over 1982 models were, in a few cases, registered as '83 and even '84 models. However, there is no doubt that they are '82s, as no changes were made to the XJ in the US market.

The XJ was sold in Canada and Mexico through '84. To my knowledge, all model years in all markets are identical to the '82 US model except for the speedometer, which reads in kph and kilometers instead of mph and miles for non-USA markets.

Yamaha literature referenced a "Midnight Special" version of the XJ1100J, this has been debated and the consensus is that if such a model ever existed it was not imported into the US. The stock black XJ has gold on some trim, and with its teardrop-shaped tank is sometimes confused with a Midnight when seen from a distance.

Unlike previous years where you had the Standard and Special lines, in '82 there was only 1 model, the XJ1100J, available in two colors, New Ruby Red and New Yamaha Black. Various factory seat, windshield, and saddlebag options were listed in the literature but apparently very few of these items were sold in the US; very rare to hear of an XJ which was equipped with genuine Yamaha accessories.

You can click on this link to view some specifications taken form the XJ's US sales brochure:

http://www.xs11.com/specifications/j-spec1.shtml
      Jerry Fields
      '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
      '06 Concours
      My Galleries Page.
      My Blog Page.
      "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Working...
      X