Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• electrical problem headlight

Grrrr
    While trying to figure out why the headlight would not work I have found that the PO had a major short. It burned out a bunch of wires and melted them. The PO had jury rigged the mess but this is not working either.

If anyone could give me a run down of the headlight wireing esp in regards from the fuseblock and how it gets to the headlight bucket. The reserve lighting unit seems to be involved as well but I do not know how the wires inter-relate.

I am almost ready to shove this bike into the river. Every time I fix one problem two more crop up. I am regreting purchaseing this bike.
    Trying not to offend since Aug 28, 2010

Disclaimer: I am an idiot. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.
    Owner of:
    1979 XS1100F (The Pig)
    140 mains
    45 pilot jets
    Floats at 24mm
    Running Rich

"Arrogant, delusional tyrants can't be stopped by earnest words and furrowed brows. Action, strong bold action coming from a position of strength and determination, is the only effective deterrent." -Mitt Romney

relax

I know problems like your having can be aggrevating at timesbut your money was not spent in vain the xs was one of the best bikes ever made in my opion as far as your electrical problem if you go to the main page and scroll down you will find a link for wiring diagrams from there you should be able to trace how the wiring goes hope tthis helps a little
    4/78 xs1100 standard
    Pacifico fairing 4 into one exhaust

new name :black Knight

I am but a student in this world of xsive masters

Comment

If more than a few wires are melted/shorted it is far easier to replace the wiring harness with a known good one. It takes 15 min to swap harnesses and days to track down and replace wires properly.
      United States Merchant Marine Academy, Kings Point, NY
      If I can do it at 18 yrs old, anyone can
      "You know something, You can't polish a turd"
      "What are you rebelling against", "Well, what do you got?"
      Acta Non Verba

Comment

Working...
      X