Rear shocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear shocks

I have been wanting to replace my rear shocks with some new, or gently used ones, and I remember reading here that some guys have used h-d shocks. I have looked at the air shocks from an electraglide, ebay # 170108905867 and some Showa cruiser shocks, ebay # 290111904419. Anyone have any input about either of these? I know I'll have to change the lower bushing on the r/h one, but that is no big deal.

Andreas offered me a pair of shocks for a good price delivered...
    I was thinking of getting shorter shocks

Bob
    1979 XS1100 SPECIAL (under 18,000 miles Sold 5/12/2016
    1982 XJ1100 MAXIM(PARTS BIKE??)shows 14,000 miles ??? Up for sale whole or parts

Comment

I have a few sets of stock shocks of my own, that's why I want new or gently used ones.
      Remember, by using a shorter shock, that will seriously affect the kickstand angle to the point where it will need to be shortened, because it will fall over to the right. The centerstand will be next to impossible to use if you don't shorten it also. SWMBO and I have a lowered 81 SH, and we had to shorten both items.

Comment

I really dont mind the height , 30"inseam . Just favor to lean on the left foot to land . Not a big deal to me ...
        One of my shocks is a little leaky ...would like somthing also

Bob
        1979 XS1100 SPECIAL (under 18,000 miles Sold 5/12/2016
        1982 XJ1100 MAXIM(PARTS BIKE??)shows 14,000 miles ??? Up for sale whole or parts

Comment

newer shock

Hey John. I am about finished with an easy mod/ bracket that will let me bolt on a single R1 or switch to a stiffer Hayabusa shock on the right side. I tried the R1 shock and really like it because the blue streak is light(IT JUST GOT EVEN LIGHTER WITH ONE LESS SHOCK) I went over kil on the mount design....Will be posting write up soon....CHOP
          MDRNF
          79F.....Not Stock
          80G......Not Stock Either....In the works

Comment

Not air or Harley

These are 14 1/2 inch tall (no load) dual spring rears

might be a little more "performance orientated" than what your looking for.

mro

Comment

Working...
            X