the pig runs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the pig runs

Got the bike reassembled last night and started it up. Only ran on three cylinders so I pulled the plug on the last cylinder and cleaned it up. Engine fiered right up. The engine idles a little rough but settled down after I took it for a quick run around the block. (Damn, these bikes have BALLs). I will try replacing the plugs and see if the bike runs better.

Still two issues that I need to overcome. I have oil leaking from the front of the engine. I think it is from the chain tensioner. Is this a common problem for this type of bike?

I also have intermittent electrical (head lights and instrument lights). I hop to try to check this out tonight, any suggestions for either problem would be greatly appreciated.
    Trying not to offend since Aug 28, 2010

Disclaimer: I am an idiot. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.
    Owner of:
    1979 XS1100F (The Pig)
    140 mains
    45 pilot jets
    Floats at 24mm
    Running Rich

"Arrogant, delusional tyrants can't be stopped by earnest words and furrowed brows. Action, strong bold action coming from a position of strength and determination, is the only effective deterrent." -Mitt Romney

Plug in the end of the cam chain adjuster can be had from Yamaha. Careful with the torque on that thing they will not take heavy handed wrench turning. Chech the headlight connections in the headlight bucket. Clean them up. While you are in the bucket clean all the connections. You will be happy you did later. Also check the fuse block. They are a weak point on the old rides.
    wingnut
    81 SH (Daily Ride)
    81 650XJ (Brother in laws bike, Delivered)
    81 650XJ Jane Doe (Son's Ride)
    82 750XJ Project bike (Son in law's future ride)
    81 XS 400

No man has a natural right to commit aggression on the equal rights of another; and this is all from which the laws ought to restrain him.”

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

rman,

If you need assistance, I'm in Stroudsburg! I have some time this coming Saturday. PM me your phone# if you need help.

Comment

Working...
      X