Hide Away Fork Brace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hide Away Fork Brace

While I was cleaning the front fender of my bike before installing it I discovered, much to my surprise, that I have a fork brace. I never noticed it before because I sits up UNDER the fender and even has brake hose ears on it. I checked the manual and bike bandit parts diagrams and it is not a stock part. Anyone else have or seen one of these? Maybe the PO made it?

Rob
    Last edited by 79XS11F; 05-06-2007, 06:30 PM.
    KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN

1978 XS1100E Modified
    1978 XS500E
    1979 XS1100F Restored
    1980 XS1100 SG
    1981 Suzuki GS1100
    1983 Suzuki GS750S Katana
    1983 Honda CB900 Custom

cool!
    Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

Yes, it is an after market fork brace. Not as rigid as Tcat's brace, but much better than none. I made one similar to that one for my F. Be very careful installing the brace, it should slip fit between the forks and fender with no gap, or you can pull your forks together and cause binding. Make sure the wheel is centered in the fork, and the bolts should start easily by hand. I had to slot mine cause the holes were not perfectly square from one side to the other. Really helped with the handling of the bike.
      put something smooooth betwen your legs, XS eleven
      79 F (Blueballs)
      79 SF (Redbutt)
      81 LH (organ donor)
      79 XS 650S (gone to MC heaven)
      76 CB 750 (gone to MC heaven)
      rover has spoken

Comment

This one goes between the tire and the fender so it is not seen at all. Wouldn't even know it was there if I had not taken the fender off to give it a good cleaning.
        Rob
        KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN

1978 XS1100E Modified
        1978 XS500E
        1979 XS1100F Restored
        1980 XS1100 SG
        1981 Suzuki GS1100
        1983 Suzuki GS750S Katana
        1983 Honda CB900 Custom

Comment

That is where mine is, can't see it from the outside. I made it from 10 ga stainless before I retired. I worked in a stainless fab place.
          put something smooooth betwen your legs, XS eleven
          79 F (Blueballs)
          79 SF (Redbutt)
          81 LH (organ donor)
          79 XS 650S (gone to MC heaven)
          76 CB 750 (gone to MC heaven)
          rover has spoken

Comment

The OEM XJ11 has a factory fork brace located in just the same place, only this one is spot welded to the fender it self. I used to run an XJ fender on my bike for a while, until I got the MNS fenders installed.

Comment

Working...
            X