Great Yamaha Dealer - Great Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Yamaha Dealer - Great Service

I called the Yamaha dealer today for the filter spring and washer. He had the washer in stock and ordered the spring. He said he could have them tomorrow. He went out of his way to make sure he could get them right away, he even knew it was an old bike. For a measely $2. I call that service.

FYI - Rich's Yamaha, Lockport IL.
    1979 XS1100F (runnin the wheels off it)
    1979 XS650 (ran the wheels off it)
    1976 CB550F (ran the wheels off it)

Good to hear someone gets good service from Yama Dealer. I get a 2 month run around any time I order something. I didn't buy a new bike from them so they don't want me service. Haven't been back in 2 years.
    79 F full cruiser, stainless brake lines, spade fuses, Accel coils, modded air box w/larger velocity stacks, 750 FD.
    79 SF parts bike.

Comment

Rich's Yamaha ! That's where I bought my 80 midnight 27 years ago. Good place to deal with.
      Original owner of 1980
      Midnight Special

Comment

Dont forget Local dealers

The Yamaha place in Plattsburgh , NY is great too .
        Some stuff I was getting a better price than the on-line stores .
        Spent time and never felt rushed ...They have Harley , Yamaha , Susuki . And its a big store full of new bikes too . Big for this area .

Another store near me is just the opposite , Wants to sell a new bike and rushes you out the door if you have an old bike ...

Guess which store I go too ?

Doug, glad you got your parts and had a good experiance ..

Bob
        1979 XS1100 SPECIAL (under 18,000 miles Sold 5/12/2016
        1982 XJ1100 MAXIM(PARTS BIKE??)shows 14,000 miles ??? Up for sale whole or parts

Comment

bill eddy

my local yami is expensive, but they will go out of their way for you. Last week they gave me a 40% discount on on new gloves and a rainsuit when I stopped there in a storm. basically I got a good pair of gloves for free.
          Casey
          1980 xs1100g "Frankenstein" (Now with a mind of his own!)

"What do you mean I can't park this thing here?"
          "Shiny side up? I don't have a shiny side."

Comment

Great Thread

With all the bashing they receive, it is nice to see soembody getting good service.

I too have a Yammi dealer that does a pretty good job for me. When I do order a part, like the new speedo cable I am about to go get, the get it in a day or two and give me a call.
            JimBoReeno
            My Ex!"Half-Breed"
            '82 XJ1100 Maxim with
            '80 XS1100SG Motor

Current Bike
            2000 Indian Chief
            Millennium Edition

Comment

Working...
            X