BC is back!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BC is back!!!

I took a day off after 5 on the road and the weekend at one of SWMBO's conventions and got after the Battle Cruiser. He needed some work on the front brakes (there is definately a full overhaul on the horizon) and they don't stick any more. I got the rest of the clutch lever mechanism (the one the cable attaches too under the cover) fabricated. I just hope it holds, I had to make it from aluminum. It's a nice tight fit on the shaft, but I am a little worried that the aluminum is too soft and will round out over time.

After that I remounted the fuel tank after replacing fule lines on the left side. Rolled him out and fired him up, He caught on the third turnover. Put on the gear and hit the road.

That's where the trouble began. He felt good up to around 4500 RPM then began to miss. I drove around a little and came back. It seemed as if he was fuel starved. Long story short, I was ready to post a Thread called "Got a Match" at around 3:30 when the BC was standing in a puddle of his own gas.

It turned out that the new lines were too long and kinked when I got the tank in place. They are now trimmed up and he's running good. Now he needs a good cleaning.

I've opted for the naked look and left the saddlebags and fairing off. Looks good! Time to RIDE!
    Papa Gino

79 and something XS 1100 Special "Battle Cruiser"
    78 XT 500 "Old Shaky"
    02 Kawasaki Concours "Connie"
Working...
X