transmission

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• transmission

Does anybody know why my transmission will only shift into first and neutral? It will not shift into any other gear! Any help would be appreciated!

May haps your shift forks are bent, or the shifter pawl is missing teeth or you have clutch issues??? or maybe alot of other bad things...I am not a trans. guru but I have torn one down and rebiult it and it worked afterward... better than before I worked on it by the by, where in ohio are you? I live outside Dayton, there are others here that live in ohio, if your reasonably close, I can try to help. I'm not half bad working with my hands as are most fellas around here. I'm sure someone here with much more intimate knowledge of the XS transmission can point you in a better direction than I can, but if you need to get into it, I can definitely help...if your reasonably close....my wife doesn't let me go far without permission . I don't know if any of this was of any use to you, but hopefully it helped some. have a nice day and ride safe.
    I am the Lorax, I speak for the Trees

'80 XS1100 SG (It's Evil, Wicked, Mean & Nasty)

'79 XS1100 F R (IL Barrachino)

'00 Suzuki Intruder 1400 (La Soccola)

'77 KZ400s (La Putana)

Comment

Have a read through the articles in the transmission repair section. Start with this article to get an idea how some of the shift mechanism works.
      Ken Talbot

Comment

Working...
      X