No announcement yet.

Engine Block Color?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not sure exactly where you are talking about that you cannot get to, but you might be able to reach it if you take out the middle drive unit.

Also, to coat the polished aluminum, POR15 has something like a clear coat for it. you can brush it on and its self leveling. Thought I read about it on here, but it could have been another site. Go to POR15.com and then click on clearcoats, and then on Glisten PC. I am polishing my front forks right now and plan to use it on them.
    Yamaniac
    '79 xs11 sf - WidowMaker, 750 final drive
    '80 xs1100 sg- ENEMY#1 parts bike no title(free)
    '79 f- frame and swingarm (and title)
    '82 yz 490- needs a cylinder, head, & new piston, etc. Got one for sale?
    '88 Honda cbr600- Running, finally! Training bike for swmbo, maybe a stunt bike for me eventually.

Comment

Yamaniac ... Thanks for the link to POR15 products. They don't sell a clear coat for high heat use but I will use their silver paint if this engine does not hold a reasonable shine over the year.
      the part I can't get at on this engine is the fins in the back middle but that area is concealed by the carbs so I am not too worried about it . I'm also not going to pull the middle gear unless I paint the engine because the gasket is costly and takes about a week to get.
      Rob
      KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN

1978 XS1100E Modified
      1978 XS500E
      1979 XS1100F Restored
      1980 XS1100 SG
      1981 Suzuki GS1100
      1983 Suzuki GS750S Katana
      1983 Honda CB900 Custom

Comment

Here is an email I sent to POR15 support, and the message back. Looks like that Glisten PC is okay to 350F. Obviously, that isn't high temp, but just some FYI for future possibilities

I am looking for some information on what temperatures the Glisten PC clearcoat will support. More specifically, I have a motorcycle engine case and cylinders that I want to polish and then treat with the Glisten PC product. Can you recommend this product for higher temperatures, to say 500 degrees F, and if not, what do you recommend for a higher temperature clearcoat.

Glisten PC will withstand temperatures up to 350F. Unfortunately we do not have a clearcoat that will withstand temperatures that high.
        Further questions call or email

View our products online at www.por15.com

Por15
        Yamaniac
        '79 xs11 sf - WidowMaker, 750 final drive
        '80 xs1100 sg- ENEMY#1 parts bike no title(free)
        '79 f- frame and swingarm (and title)
        '82 yz 490- needs a cylinder, head, & new piston, etc. Got one for sale?
        '88 Honda cbr600- Running, finally! Training bike for swmbo, maybe a stunt bike for me eventually.

Comment

Working...
        X