I forgot how BIG she is.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I forgot how BIG she is.....

For the past several 12+ months, my ride has been sitting up on my bike jack with most things stripped off. Having finally reached the end of the tear off phase, I've been putting things back on. This past week, having received the drive shaft compression spring, I got the final drive reinstalled. This evening, I pulled elecrical connections apart, cleaned and applied dielectric grease. Then I reinstalled the grab bar, rear bag hardware and the rear wheel.

I REALLY forgot how big she is. I still have the forks, front wheel & faring to add.....

I think I need to go ahead and look into insurance and plates next week so I'm ready

Eric
    Eric Roellig
    1980 SG w Windjammer V & KG hard bags
    **Very first bike**
    Current condition: Running!!! Lead, follow or get the #^%# out of my way!!!!!!

First bike and you almost completely stripped and reassembled - kudos!
    Si Parker
    '81 XS1100H

Tkat brace, new coils/wires/plugs, refurbed carbs (thanks 81 xsproject), recon'd top end, windshield (thanks dpotter58), resprayed tank and panels, 4-1 exhaust, sweet xs pod filters, in line fuel filters, progressive springs, thick hand grips, jumped headlight relay.

Comment

shaft compression spring

I know I put it where I would not loose it
      Still haven't found that spot yet

Glad your getting it together, have you been taking any pics?

mro

Comment

Originally posted by SiP
        First bike and you almost completely stripped and reassembled - kudos!
        Thanks.

A) Its fun wrenching. At the end of an evening, I can look back and SEE what I've done. At work, I just make paper (or the electronic equivalent)....

B) I figure, if I'm going to ride an antique, It would behove me to know "What makes 'er tick." for those side-of-the-road issues.

C) Have you checked out what shops want per hour????

D) Being neglected, she really REALLY needed a good going over. I found more than one (non-optional) missing part, some worn out & used up.
        Eric Roellig
        **Very first bike**

Comment

Re: shaft compression spring

[i][...]
          Glad your getting it together, have you been taking any pics?

mro [/B]
          I thought about taking pictures, but taking a quick look at my usually filthy hands and I decided I didn't want to handle my camera during the rebuild. I don't have a "beater" camera I was willing to use. A picture series wasn't as important to me I guess.
          Eric Roellig
          **Very first bike**

Comment

Working...
          X