does this look like a good hand pump?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does this look like a good hand pump?

for the air fork SHOCK's? i heard that to much air, can blow the air shock seals out.
    ebay Item number: 160107777057

nice pump

Hi Midnight,
    that's the cutesiest bicycle pump I ever did see. Claims it'll go to 300psi too. What's the book say is max for XS11 forks? 27psi?
    So yes, that there pump'll do her. Best see if they sell a tire gauge too, check the pressure every second stroke of the pump.
    My XS11SG is only the second bike I ever owned with air-assist forks (the first was a 1949 Velocette with Dowty Oleomatic forks) so I am not too familiar with them. How long should they stay pumped up?
    Check once a week like one should do with tires? Or once in the spring like most of us really do with tires?
    Fred Hill, S'toon.
    Fred Hill, S'toon
    XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
    "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

I like hand pumps!!
      79 F full cruiser, stainless brake lines, spade fuses, Accel coils, modded air box w/larger velocity stacks, 750 FD.
      79 SF parts bike.

Comment

I think Brent had one of these at John and Kat's place last month.

It does say the hated HD on it, but it worked great. You can dial in down to the pound.
        XS1100SF
        XS1100F

Comment

That will do the job but there is not very much air in the forks and where would you stow it on the bike? I have a large syringe with a threaded end that goes on the input valve. It only takes about 5 to 7 pumps to get the forks up to the range needed and is so small that it fits in the tool box. Not sure where you would get one but one could likely be made easy enough if not found.
          Rob
          KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN

1978 XS1100E Modified
          1978 XS500E
          1979 XS1100F Restored
          1980 XS1100 SG
          1981 Suzuki GS1100
          1983 Suzuki GS750S Katana
          1983 Honda CB900 Custom

Comment

For probably less money, look for one of those portable air tanks. You can take it to a gas station and fill it to the 5 or 8 or 10 psi you want. Take it home and fill each fork from the tank, going from one to the other a few times, and both forks will have exacly the same amount of air. A compressor with a decent output pressure regulator makes this even easier, as long as the regulator is consistent at low pressures.
            Ken Talbot

Comment

Working...
            X