Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need an Xj1100 engine, Anyone wanna part with one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need an Xj1100 engine, Anyone wanna part with one?

Hey XS'ers,
    Last friday i bought an 1982 XJ1100 with 29k on it. I am looking for a good running used engine. if anyone has one they would like to part with, please email me at billwoods@wideopenwest.com. I live in columbus ohio, so i would prefer one in this region. I plan on fixing this one if i can find an engine, it is too nice to part out.

http://www.motorcyclepartsonline.net/xj1100.htm
    Last edited by Bill__Woods; 10-31-2002, 12:51 AM.
    Bill Woods
    1981 Yamaha XS1100SH (Eleven Special)
    1985 Kawasuki GS425 Mojave ATV
    2006 Yamaha Wolverine 450 4x4 ATV

i was trying to get a picture of my new XJ1100 but my 5 minutes ran out. Here is the bike, i hope someone got me an engine :-)

Bill Woods

Comment

I just snagged a rear motormount from an XJ that still has it's motor in it from Recycled Cycles by Krivit in Tallahassee, FL.
      http://home.digitalexp.com/~users/rck/
      phone 850 222 4449
      1979 XS11F Standard - Maya - 1196cc (out of order)
      1978 XS11E Standard - Nina - 1101cc
      http://www.livejournal.com/~xs11

Comment

Just curious...whats wrong with the existing engine?

I had a similar fairing on my XS400. Yamaha labeled, but I don't know who actually made it. Mine was attached to the headlight bucket, part of the fairing install kit, and to a bracket that ran underneath the bucket. Nice little sport fairing.

Muffler doesn't look stock, and appears to be a throttle lock installed, otherwise looks very original. Wish I could come across one that clean!

You could swap in an XS engine. Takes a bit of work, need black box from donner bike and you would have to include the pickup coil wires if the engine is older than '81, but could be done. Other differences as well, alternator wiring and choke set up for sure, nothing that could not be overcome but would take some work.

Randy Jackson, in Texas, had a few extra XJ motors about 1 - 2 years ago. Don't know if he visits the forum, will have to check my old notes and get his e-mail and snail mail addresses.
        Jerry Fields
        '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
        '06 Concours
        My Galleries Page.
        My Blog Page.
        "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Randy Jackson

Randy helped me with some parts.

Randy & Mary Jackson [rafter@bga.com]

Rick Wood
          XJ1100 (Construction Complete)(SOLD)
          Northern Michigan

Comment

update

Hello Xs'ers,
            I let my riding buddy have the bike for what i had invested. He will be joining the group. We are going to replace the 1st, 2nd gears, #3 shift fork with new one. we may replace the 5th gear also. He is selling his 1979 Yamaha XS750, to step up and ride an eleven. Against my better judgement he is opting not to go with the weisco big bore kit. I would.
            I will post again when we have it fixed!
            thanks for the advise
            Bill Woods

Comment

UPDATE:

opps forgot about this post. I sold the bike to my friend, and it is back on the road. We replaced 2 transmission gears and all 3 shift forks.
              Runs & shifts good!
              Bill Woods

Comment

Be sure you put the washer on the other side of the gear and bevel it till the gear turns free. Forget the big bore kit. Port and flow the head cause that's where the power is really hiding.

I've heard that Bob Jones at Merriam Cycle is good at porting
                (913)677-4663
                "We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey." "

Comment

Working...
                X