Cables and Breather Routing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cables and Breather Routing

Hi does anybody know if there are pics on this forum that will show me where to route my starter to solonoid lead (as it was when it left the factory )

The pick up leads to the connecting block

And just basically all the leads around the battery tray area

And there is a hole for something on the back of the crank case just in front of the swing arm ??

I just want to get it all neat and tidied before i install the airbox and carbs ,,been building my bike for nearly a year now and it's nearing completion at last

Can't do much more till i do these odds and ends and i am getting impatient

Thanks

Gaffer
    Don't put all yer eggs into one basket ,,,case

gaffer;

Don't know of any pictures here, but all of the wiring harnesses from the pickups, alternator and starter converge behind the fuse panel mounting bracket. Secure them with the few metal clips that are attached to the engine covers.

The small 'hole' near the swingarm is the middle drive vent. route the hose up, it clips in to a holder at the top airbox mount and just hangs open-ended.

The large 'hole' is the crankcase vent, that goes to the similar-sized 'hole' in the front of the airbox between carb 2&3.

Hope this helps.

Comment

That's Great Randy Thankyou

I am happy with my bike ,,but it's not anywhere near the standard of swamp thing ,,by building this i can truly appreciate what you put into your bike and that is a ton more effort time and care than i could muster on mine !! Tho i have tried mybest !!

Now i am off to tidy those loose ends up and get another step closer to finishing !!

Gaffer

Randy
      Hole in crank case is actually in the crank crase like a loop cast into the case ,,(it's not the breather cap/plate /case cover thing)

any ideas ???
      Last edited by gaffer77; 04-19-2007, 05:12 PM.

Comment

gaffer77, That is probably just a locating hole for the machine work when the engine was built.
        Ray Matteis
        KE6NHG
        XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
        XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Hi Ray

That had crossed my mind ,,(used to work in foundry)

Just wanted to be certain while i still got good access to make sure i got everything right

That starter lead to the solonoid does it run above the swing arm under the frame ,,or over the frame under the battery tray ,,do you know ??

Cheers

Gaffer

Comment

Oh, that hole in the back is a lifting hole for hoisting the motor. The starter cable runs above the swingarm. There should be a metal bendy-clip next to the lifting hole where you can secure all of those cables together.

Comment

Cheers Randy ,,that's all that sorted then ,,Thankyou

Comment

Working...
              X