The coolest fairing ever!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hired_Goon

If your interested, I hear there is a guy in aussie making a mould to make a few Goose fairings. He has quite a few interested parties in the states and rumour has it that sombody over there will be a central contact point.
    I like it but what would the cost be and the price of windshields?

Geezer
    Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

Vesco TZ

Hey cloerts

The fairing in your original picture is from a Don Vesco Yamaha TZ. Probably one of his 250's.
      You can buy this fairing at AirTech.

http://www.airtech-streamlining.com/

It's under Yamaha, then 250VESCO.

It's also Vesco's "Big Butt" TZ seat that is on the back of Goose's KZ, Toecutter's KZ and Bubba Zanetti's KZ in Mad Max.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Re: The coolest fairing ever!

Originally posted by cloerts
        Where if anywhere can I get a full or half fairing that looks like this? This thing is gorgeus! add a hole for a 7" headlight and it would be perfect!
        I want the sport coat and tie. Throw in the handlebar mustache for good measure.
        1981 XS1100SH

Comment

goose fairing

any word on where i could find one of these fairings.
          la parisienne was the name. jim goose replica fairing from mad max movie

Comment

i think airtech's zrx1100 cafe fairing would look good on a standard with the sqaure light. it's only 131. and you can buy a wind sheild for it for around 30 bucks.
            " She'll make point five past lightspeed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself. "

79 xs11 standard
            xs pods, Kerker 4-1, zrx1200r carbs mikesxs coils 35k voltz of power!!!
            8mm msd wires
            tkat fork brace...
            Fox shocks...
            mikes650 front fender
            led's gallore...
            renthal bars
            gold valve emulators
            vmax tensioner
            Rifle fairing

Comment

funny you mentioned that i have already got that as a back up. the mad max is more of a sport touring and the zx is more of a sport. but yes i do agree i think it would look cool.

Comment

Mattblack

I wanted the La Parisienne for the same reason, looks sporty but will give your back a rest (old git me ) and give a decent bit of protection.

I know the Japanese are making them and as Goon says they are being made in Oz but I've never found out who or where coz of the cost of importing.

Here's a good site for inspiration, sorry its in Japanese so you'll have to click on all the links to find the pics you want

http://z1000goose.fc2web.com/
                Tom
                1982 5K7 Sport, restored to original from a wreck
                1978 2H9 (E), my original XS11, mostly original
                1980 2H9 monoshocked (avatar pic)http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r...psf30aa1c8.jpg
                1982 XJ1100, waiting resto to original

Comment

thanks. I have about 30 pictures at this point of the fairing but can't get my hands on one. i really want a used one, damage is fine.

Comment

so you already have the zrx fairing???
                    " She'll make point five past lightspeed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself. "

79 xs11 standard
                    8mm msd wires
                    tkat fork brace...
                    Fox shocks...
                    mikes650 front fender
                    led's gallore...
                    renthal bars
                    gold valve emulators
                    vmax tensioner
                    Rifle fairing

Comment

No but i have been looking at fairings for months now and that was one of my picks. 84-86 small tire ninja drag bike fairing. i like the half-3/4 or full not just bikini fairing look. sport touring / sport is the classic look i am going for. but love the mad max fairing.

Comment

The Aussie bloke is selling one on Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/La-parisienne...QQcmdZViewItem
                        Melbourne, Australia. XS1100RH

Comment

Fairing

Try this site lots of options
                          http://www.airtech-streamlining.com/...iringsfull.htm
                          Doug
                          Doug Mitchell
                          82 XJ1100 sold
                          2006 Suzuki C90 SE 1500 CC Cruiser sold
                          2007 Stratoliner 1900 sold
                          1999 Honda Valkyrie interstate
                          47 years riding and still learning, does that make me a slow learner?

Comment

i ordered a replacement front fairing for my yzf600r a few years ago from them. they were pretty good.
                            i have looked at there vintage quarter fairings alot. i have finally decided on an rd125 fairing. skidmarx makes one for about 35 euros and the sheild will be another 30. it has a square light and a tall sheild which should be good for the winter. i photo shopped one on my bike and it looks good. i will try to post it on here.

79 xs11 standard
                            8mm msd wires
                            tkat fork brace...
                            Fox shocks...
                            mikes650 front fender
                            led's gallore...
                            renthal bars
                            gold valve emulators
                            vmax tensioner
                            Rifle fairing

Comment

Working...
                            X