Vac advance wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vac advance wiring

Need one of you guys that knows this site inside out.
    I thought I'd seen some pics and a tech tip kind of write up on how to improve/repair the wiring under the timing cover, but I can't find it - just the pickup coil mod.
    If you could point me in the right direction I'd be grateful.

Thanks
    Si
    Si Parker
    '81 XS1100H

Tkat brace, new coils/wires/plugs, refurbed carbs (thanks 81 xsproject), recon'd top end, windshield (thanks dpotter58), resprayed tank and panels, 4-1 exhaust, sweet xs pod filters, in line fuel filters, progressive springs, thick hand grips, jumped headlight relay.

Maybe this will help you "search." I think the one you are thinking of talks about using wire from multimeters.
    '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

Thanks, but I have read that one - I thought I'd seen some pics of it on this site. Could just be me going slowly loco, it comes to us all. lol
      Si Parker
      '81 XS1100H

Tkat brace, new coils/wires/plugs, refurbed carbs (thanks 81 xsproject), recon'd top end, windshield (thanks dpotter58), resprayed tank and panels, 4-1 exhaust, sweet xs pod filters, in line fuel filters, progressive springs, thick hand grips, jumped headlight relay.

Comment

http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread...=&threadid=543
        Seach for pickup coil wires for more info
        United States Merchant Marine Academy, Kings Point, NY
        If I can do it at 18 yrs old, anyone can
        "You know something, You can't polish a turd"
        "What are you rebelling against", "Well, what do you got?"
        Acta Non Verba

Comment

That's the bugger - it was a repair not a mod as I thought. I'll be checking mine soon as I can now.

Thank you.
          Si Parker
          '81 XS1100H

Comment

Working...
          X