Case guards for XJ 1100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Case guards for XJ 1100

Hey there ive been trying to locate a set of case guards for my XJ 1100 ive seen some pics of these on some XJ's but havent been able to locate any any ideas?

I don't know if the XJ's take the same gaurds, But I have a pair of pretty nice 3-points that I am planning on auctioning off soon. I can't give you a killer deal or anything because my family and I are real hard up right now. I'd let um go for $50, though. Sorry, but I am confident I'll get at least that much on flea bay.

'81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

have pics of them mounted? they are real different
      "a good man knows his limitations" dirty harry
      History
      85 Yamaha FJ 1100
      79 yamaha xs1100f
      03 honda cbr 600 f4
      91 yamaha fzr 600
      84 yamaha fj 1100
      82 yamaha seca 750
      87 yamaha fazer
      86 yamaha maxim x
      82 yamaha vision
      78 yamaha rd 400

Comment

I would be a bit more interested if i know for sure that they will mount up on my XJ otherwise no point in buying. They do look pretty cool though

Comment

Most of the XS guards will fit the XJ; however, not all. The XJ pipes exit slightly farther to the outside of the engine cases due to the longer alternator cover on the XJ engine right side (sitting on the bike.) I happened to pick up an XS 3-point set that had to be notched slightly to get pipe clearance.

(Reminder: alternator is one of the differences between the XS and XJ; the XJ version is a brush-style that has a higher output than the XS brushless version. Extra power is needed to run the XJ's unique LCD instrument panel.)

Have not heard this to be a problem with 2-point guards, but the 3-point units offer more protection.

I had to change the top mounting bolt when I mounted the guards. Not a problem, went down to the local hardware store and they had the correct metric bolt on hand, think it was the longest they stock.... guards fit the mounts just fine.

No way to tell what will fit unless you can trial-fit the XS guards or find a set that was already on an XJ.
          Jerry Fields
          '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
          '06 Concours
          My Galleries Page.
          My Blog Page.
          "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Working...
          X