Speedometer\ Tachometer ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedometer\ Tachometer ????

I have an 1980 xs1100g the speedo maxes at 85mph and the tac maxes at 10.5k rpm. I have extra parts off a 1977 750Special. The 77 750Specials speedo and tac max at 130mph and 13.5k rpm. Many parts from these bikes are interchangeable. ( rims,rotors, oilfilter housing,rearend etc... (back caliper is the same. Front Special calipers are different. Can I use the special front calipers on an 1100g ? and how difficult is the switch to the bigger tac? ( special speedo is round and the xs1100 is square, or is that just a faceplate thankyou Brian?

Sorry you can't use special front calipers on a standard, totally different mounting for the calipers. The speedo should work but the tach will only work if it is an electronic tach, if it has a cable you can't us it on an XS11.
    Gary Granger
    Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
    2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

I just pulled the 1977 yamaha 750 special speedo out of the old box and it reads 140mph and 12k rpm , my xs1100g tachometer does not have a cable, just wires, the 750 special speedo is round can I put it into my xs1100g square case? Thanks again Brian

Comment

You might be the first on to try that, Brian,

An alternative is the Sigma bicycle computer BC800, BC1200 - gives very accurate speed and odo, max speed, avg speed, etc.
        Mike * Seattle * 82 F'n'XJ1100 *

Comment

Re: Speedometer\ Tachometer ????

Originally posted by bbs1980xs1100g
          I have an 1980 xs1100g the speedo maxes at 85mph and the tac maxes at 10.5k rpm. I have extra parts off a 1977 750Special. The 77 750Specials speedo and tac max at 130mph and 13.5k rpm. Many parts from these bikes are interchangeable. ( rims,rotors, oilfilter housing,rearend etc... (back caliper is the same. Front Special calipers are different. Can I use the special front calipers on an 1100g ? and how difficult is the switch to the bigger tac? ( special speedo is round and the xs1100 is square, or is that just a faceplate thankyou Brian?
          I have the bike stock just tossing up ideas of a little modification.

Comment

Working...
          X