Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carb Probs

Hi peeps,
    I have rebuilt a set of carbs but now found the usaul problem is still bugging me, the fuel pipes that join the carbs, (the 'T' pieces), are leaking. I was told that there was a MOD that a member had made to replace the old rubber 'T' piece. Is there any help available on this, or has anyone got any idea where i can buy new ones.
    Thanks for your help, Gary.

I'm pretty sure you can still get them through the Yamaha dealer or bikebandit.com
    1979 XS11F Standard - Maya - 1196cc (out of order)
    1978 XS11E Standard - Nina - 1101cc
    http://www.livejournal.com/~xs11

Comment

I'll have a look, but i have tried many dealers so far, trouble is, england is crap for parts, and i dont know enough US companies to try. Thanks Though.

Comment

Bike bandit are saying they are discontinued

Comment

I know that this is a little out of the norm fix, but, I've had good results with a little "black RTV" on the ends that go into the carbs, just make sure that you get the T's in the position that you want them BEFORE it dries
          1980 XS11 Special aka The Monster
          "My life used to be a Soap Opera, until I realized something, I own the network."
          My Photo Bucket

Comment

If the T's are ok and not cracked...(and without being mean).....DONT use RTV......take the T's to the local Handy man Centre, in Aussie we have bunning's warehouse and mitre 10 hardware......you canb get the O rings to match but you need to tgake the T with you and also take the remnants of an old O ring if you get a slightly thicker O ring you can use a little (and i mean little!) bit of grease or oil to get it to slkide into the carb body...problem with RTV is if you get a little on the end of the T it could come off and block a channel in the carb of sort....
            1982 XS1100R
            1982 XJ650
            1983 VT400
            1990 XVS Shadow
            1983 Z1100

-I just love the look on their faces when you leave them standing in the dust after they've lined you up on your XS.

Comment

Thanks Goldcoastguy, (rub it in why not, bloody lovley weather you get, and im stuck here in old blighty). I will seek to do this, i have about a million o rings of various sizes, i will give it a go.

Comment

I rember a post about using metal t's a while back don't rember much about it.
                United States Merchant Marine Academy, Kings Point, NY
                If I can do it at 18 yrs old, anyone can
                "You know something, You can't polish a turd"
                "What are you rebelling against", "Well, what do you got?"
                Acta Non Verba

Comment

The factory "T"s that came off my carbs were steel that was coated with rubber and that coating was formed in a fashion that created the 2 ribs at each end Those ribs act like O-Rings and sealed the tubes to the carb body holes. I removed the rubber coating from the inboard side of the ribs and used 2 O-Rings on each end where the ribs used to be. They have never leaked and still move freely.
                  Rob
                  KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN

1978 XS1100E Modified
                  1978 XS500E
                  1979 XS1100F Restored
                  1980 XS1100 SG
                  1981 Suzuki GS1100
                  1983 Suzuki GS750S Katana
                  1983 Honda CB900 Custom

Comment

Working...
                  X