Saddlebag latch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saddlebag latch

Hey everyone I need some help. I’m looking for a latch for a saddle bag. I don’t know what kind it is I just know that it is a Presto Lock with a number of 2133 on it. I’m sot sure if that’s the part number or not. If anyone has any info about that kind of latch could you let me know? I’ll try to post a picture of the latch.

[IMG]P1030476.JPG[/IMG]
    [IMG]P1030478.JPG[/IMG]
    79 XS11

Sorry but no pictures. I tryed but unable to post. Could use some help.
    79 XS11

Comment

Latche supplier

McMaster.com has about the most extensive selection of latches I know of. Just about every kind you can imagine. Most everything else you can imagine, catalog is 3500 pages.
      You can't stay young forever, but you can be immature for the rest of your life...

'78E "Pathfinder" Show bike...
      Lovingly restored by Dave Delzell
      Drilled airbox
      Tkat fork brace
      Hardly mufflers
      late model carbs
      Newer style fuses
      Oil pressure guage
      Custom security system
      Stainless braid brake lines

Comment

Thanks I'll look. How do you post pictures?
        79 XS11

Comment

Pic's?

I use photobucket (free photo hosting web site)
          You do not up-load your pics to XS11.com, but place a pointer to there location in your post here.

If you use photobucket, after you up load your pics to there server (has easy to follow instructions) there will be three one line windows under your photo.

Third one is labeled "IMG Code"
          copy and past this line in your post here.

Result is

mro

Comment

Ok I'll try and post the pictures of the latches. The two dots in the latch are flood lights on the ceiling. The latch is just a latch no lock and the (what I think is a part number) is 2133 on the latch. Thanks for looking.

79 XS11

Comment

Prop?

Looks like an airplane nose with propeller!!!!! Like I said, I would be real surprised if McMaster Carr doesn't have them. Most mfg's don't reinvent the wheel and use "off the shelf" components to build their products and McMaster Carr has em all. Looks like a Presto lock? If I get time tomorrow, I will look in the catalog to see if there is anything like your pic.
              You can't stay young forever, but you can be immature for the rest of your life...

'78E "Pathfinder" Show bike...
              Lovingly restored by Dave Delzell
              Drilled airbox
              Tkat fork brace
              Hardly mufflers
              late model carbs
              Newer style fuses
              Oil pressure guage
              Custom security system
              Stainless braid brake lines

Comment

Good eye. Yes it is. It has a 72" wing and a 91 4 stroke on it. I took a quick look on McMaster.com andith some time I think I can find one. Or even e-mail them. Thanks agin for looking.
                Last edited by rappin; 04-04-2007, 09:47 PM.
                79 XS11

Comment

McMaster-Carr probably has it, but it appears "Presto" makes a pretty wide range of products. A quick search brings up what looks like about a thousand different kinds of locks and latches, but I didn't see anything that looked quite like yours. Check it out, but be prepared for a lot of looking unless you can come up with some other keyword that will narrow it down a bit.
                  Ken Talbot

Comment

I just got an e-mail from McMaster-Carr and they are unable to find the latach that I'm looking for. Thanks for your help.
                    79 XS11

Comment

Working...
                    X