need help finding engine size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help finding engine size

i recently got a yamaha biek that is a frame, engine, trans and electrical. missing body parts and tires.

i need help to find out what size engine it is and all and hoped someof you could point me the right way.

it is a 4 cly with YICS on the heads, shaft driven and appears to be a 80's bike but that is completely unsure.

i am missing the carbs so ill probley need to get a set of them as well.

i do know the instrument cluster has a 80 mph top speed on it and the tach red lines at what appears to be right around 9 k

also has a few lights in the middle for different functions.

i tried searching by the model number i found on the forks which is

JYASN800 (long space) A022740 but i found nothing and im not sure where to put it all in like a site.

im using this engine for a go cart project and i need the info on engine size for a few mods and to order parts that are missing.

has accel coil packs and 32k miles on it so i figured just wore in.

i know a lot about yamahas (hell i even own a SHO) but i dont know anything about these bikes.

thanks guys

Look on the top back of the motor near the middle right before the frame comes up behind it. Should see the cc stamped in a rectangular plate. Sounds like an XJ with the YICS on it.
    1979 XS11F Standard - Maya - 1196cc (out of order)
    1978 XS11E Standard - Nina - 1101cc
    http://www.livejournal.com/~xs11

Comment

where can i find performance parts for this also? if this is olny like a 650 id like to get a big bore kit and some bigger jets, what not for some serious power

Comment

It depends on what it turns out to be. What do you mean by performance parts? Bore kits, carbs kits, etc?

Just a guess, but I'm betting it looks like this:
        Last edited by Snow; 04-02-2007, 09:10 AM.
        1979 XS11F Standard - Maya - 1196cc (out of order)
        1978 XS11E Standard - Nina - 1101cc
        http://www.livejournal.com/~xs11

Comment

i mean big bore as in boring it out and raising the CC so it makes more power, the carb jets i guess as i read really wae up these engines.

yeah ill find out and get back on once i know.

to be honest i cant tell exactly what it looks like since there is no body panels tires, lights or any of that. just frame engine and wiring including gauges.

Comment

Working...
          X