Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Leak At Occty!

WHAT A DUMB @SS!!!!!
    Had taken her out for first run yesterday, ran GREAT!! Very pleased. Only to check on her this morning for her to give me the worst April Fools to date!!
    Had suspected petcock issues so proceeded to check flow,dribbles, etc......... Slight dribble in on & res. position, so slight didn't think too bad. So proceeded to plumb occty to petcocks to check, put vacuum on occty, flows great & shut off......Ok, between occty (which I left plumbed, tank sitting on workbench overnight to check...catch pan..bone dry) & new needle/seat with fresh clean I would be Ok...........WRONG!!!!!!!!
    Now for the Dumb @ss parts....yes plural.!!!!!!!@#$$%^&**((((*T%^#$@!@! When testing on bench, tank was low on fuel..how low you say, not sure. Had to be at least a gal. in there I THINK?!?
    Part two: Had ran out of small spring tension clamps.......left two inner connections at octty without clamps, hose was tight.(I thought!) Well the result isn't pretty.......RUINED my paint job from carb caps DOWN!!!!! And yes for those of you who don't know... this is a Midnight.
    After 30 min. of cursing and basically throwing a FIT, I can redo it I reckon.
    So my advise to anyone out there.................Petcocks Dribble: Rebuild 'Em!! Always use Clamps!!!!!!
    Was planning Pics today for Calender submission.......Not Today!!
    Ok, Well enough venting......back to the garage..........................
    "Elvira"
    '80 XS1100LG

Bummer, Mid, very sorry to read this ..... I'm comming to that point on my own project and I will heed your warning.
    80G Mini-bagger
    VM33 Smooth bores, Pods, 4/1 Supertrapp, SS brake lines, fork brace

Past XS11s

79F Stone stocker and former daily driver, sold May '10 now converting for N.O. to cafe style
    79SF eventually dismantled for parts
    79F Bought almost new in 80, sold for a house
    79F The Ernie bike sold to a Navy dude summer 08
    79SF Squared-off Special, Vetter/Bates tour pkg., Mikes XS coils, G rear fender and tail light. Sold June 09

Comment

Somebody is Upset?

Allright that's it! Was feeling like somebody upstairs was upset cause didn't make it to church this morn.........hence gas all over the place, until I read Hobbyman's post where he got .35 dent in the church park lot. Kinda felt like ok, reading too much guilt in to this.
      Well, after cooling down a-bit & looking over, it's workable for some patch work......#1 & #2 carb caps, #2 carb not so good (was the trail), starter cover & a little left side touch-up. Was supposed to be gas proof paint, complete saturation. Didn't do too bad I guess.
      So do some clean-up & prep work. You'll like this.........starter cover on top of barell, one coat primer......50.00 store trip, paint & misc. yard nessesaties, one coat black, go inside to watch some of the race.....ok,red flag,get a snack.........back out to put final coat of black on & there IT IS!! Some !@#$%^&** bird found it's target!!!! Yep, didn't think Black Berrys were in season yet, but this one had found some somewhere!!
      I'm done for the day...................Mom said there would be days like this.
      "Elvira"
      '80 XS1100LG

Comment

Working...
      X