No announcement yet.

Pics of my XJ1100 Maxim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know i truly am a lucky guy. The camera does hide alot of little imperfections here and there. If you look alot closer youll see some fine nicks on the tank and some oxidation to alot of the aluminum pieces BUT now that shes running im gonna try and concentrate on finding quality spares and saving up money on making the bike even more beautiful. I would like to have fenders rechromed and those aluminum pieces glass beaded and clear coated little by little. Although right now with this bike together and rideable i dont think it will be any time soon that ill be taking anything off this bike.

Comment

i would be scared to park it at a walmart parking lot, see once it becomes that nice others become jealous and want to scatch it etc. i would be paranoid where too park it..

Comment

stellar!
        "a good man knows his limitations" dirty harry
        History
        85 Yamaha FJ 1100
        79 yamaha xs1100f
        03 honda cbr 600 f4
        91 yamaha fzr 600
        84 yamaha fj 1100
        82 yamaha seca 750
        87 yamaha fazer
        86 yamaha maxim x
        82 yamaha vision
        78 yamaha rd 400

Comment

Thanks again yeah I dont know if ill be parking it anywhere other than my garage hopefully for a long time. Im thinking that ill mostly be taking trips where i start and end at home. I know that ill have to park her eventually somewhere I just hope that nobody tries something crazy like that.

Comment

I will admit that im pretty paranoid though about the bike now that its all finished. That day that I was taking the pics after washing it. Some guys were walking through the alley and one stopped to look at the odometer. I immediately began to approch the guy as to ask him what the hell he wanted as i felt me and my bikes personal space was being violated. I think he realized that i didnt like him looking at it and he said "nice bike" and then he asks how much and i tell him its not for sale. He wanted to know how much i paid for it etc. Maybe its just a Chicago thing but I got the heebee jeebees thinking that someone out there may want my bike alot more than i do! Even if im not ever planning on selling it!

Comment

how much?
              "a good man knows his limitations" dirty harry
              History
              85 Yamaha FJ 1100
              79 yamaha xs1100f
              03 honda cbr 600 f4
              91 yamaha fzr 600
              84 yamaha fj 1100
              82 yamaha seca 750
              87 yamaha fazer
              86 yamaha maxim x
              82 yamaha vision
              78 yamaha rd 400

Comment

OP

I HATE YOU!!!!

J/K

That is a pristine example of a Maxim. Absolutely beautiful!

Comment

Beautiful! Holy cow, is that ever sharp! Nicely done.
                  -Do what makes you happy.

'79 Honda CB 750 K (2)
                  '78 XS 11 E - "Rhona"
                  ...and a 2nd E, for the goodies on it.

Comment

You did THAT in a couple hours of cleaning!!??

Thanks I spent a few hours yesterday cleaning the hell out of it
                    You MUST share your "magical" cleaning method. (That or your bike was pretty damn clean to start with) Looks great.
                    '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

Working...
                    X