Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newb to the Forum

Greetings all!

I recently purchased a 79 standard that had been mothballed a few months but was otherwise in great shape. Got it for next to nothing from a friend. Since then I've been tearing down, cleaning, polishing, and painting. This forum has been invaluable.

I am coming close to reassembly and wanted to share the paint I put on my tank. Thanks for being such a great resource for a newb!

1979 XS1100 F

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." --John Wayne as John Bernard Books

Awesome! Great flame job!

We love to see another one on the road!

Make sure to get pics of the final build on here, too.

Welcome to the forums!!
    80 XS1100SG
    81 XS400SH

Some men miss opportunity because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

A Few Animations I've Made

Comment

Welcome newbie!! Always a pleasure to see another one brought back to life, especially with that kind of detail. Great job.
      Might want to put your bike year and stuff in your signature...but than again might not. I should stop now...the beer is startin to talk....yahooooo
      79 F full cruiser, stainless brake lines, spade fuses, Accel coils, modded air box w/larger velocity stacks, 750 FD.
      79 SF parts bike.

Comment

wow, i'm envious of yours and ashamed of mine.
        "a good man knows his limitations" dirty harry
        History
        85 Yamaha FJ 1100
        79 yamaha xs1100f
        03 honda cbr 600 f4
        91 yamaha fzr 600
        84 yamaha fj 1100
        82 yamaha seca 750
        87 yamaha fazer
        86 yamaha maxim x
        82 yamaha vision
        78 yamaha rd 400

Comment

That is one of the best looking flame jobs i have seen on the xs
          '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

Thank you all for the welcome and the positive comments. I'll get some more pics up as soon as the beast is back together again.

Just got the fenders and side covers done. They are a clearcoated black like on the tank. It took some work to get the dings out. The tank used to have a softball-sized dent on the left side. Can you tell?
            1979 XS1100 F

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." --John Wayne as John Bernard Books

Comment

Working...
            X