• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread...threadid=12387
    "Elvira"
    '80 XS1100LG

Comment

Thanks, but I think I'll have to pass this year. I will keep it in mind next year.
      1979 XS1100F (runnin the wheels off it)
      1979 XS650 (ran the wheels off it)
      1976 CB550F (ran the wheels off it)

Comment

Hi Douglas, When i changed my carbs i had no vacuum port on any carb to plug the advance onto(although the blank space was there but not drilled).....so i drilled the hole out and used a vacuum port off an old intake manifold and glued it in......it work well but i had the same pulsing at idle....to sort it out i took a tiny fuel filter(bout 1 1/2inch long and bout 1/4inch Dia. then i used a 4mm rivet head and pushed it into the fuel filter nipple 'ta..da.." smooth as silk and works great the fliter is installed halfway between where it comes outa the left casing and the carbs...looks good too.....

just thought i'd let you know how i did it and it was a 5min job...

Cheers

will post a pic if you like...
        1982 XS1100R
        1982 XJ650
        1983 VT400
        1990 XVS Shadow
        1983 Z1100

-I just love the look on their faces when you leave them standing in the dust after they've lined you up on your XS.

Comment

Yes, if you could send a pic that would help. Thanks. Did it change the way the bike ran?
          1979 XS1100F (runnin the wheels off it)
          1979 XS650 (ran the wheels off it)
          1976 CB550F (ran the wheels off it)

Comment

Could he use one of those vacuum delay valves that used to be inline in many of the vacuum lines on the older cars?

My Pinto SW had a bazillion of them, all color coded for various delays in the advance.
            Nice day, if it doesn't rain...

'05 ST1300
            '83 502/502 Monte Carlo for sale/trade

Comment

Sorry these pics are blurry but the pieces are so small to they are had to get into focus but hopefully they help...

This pic is on the filter with the rivet pushed into the right side end.
              [IMG][/IMG]
              This pic is the rivet pulled apart and the rivet head needs to be cut in half, the top of the head is discarded and the collar is pushed into the filter after using a needle to make a small hole in the end where you cut it cause it would have been squashed close which is good cause the needle you use to push thru it is smaller then the hole the rivet's nail has.
              [IMG][/IMG]

This last pic is of the filter installed in the vacuum line from the left case.
              [IMG][/IMG]

The idea crazcnuk had might work so long as you use a restrictor and not a one way vacuum valve(the one with a ball bearing in it... but what i have done works very well and super smooth vacuum response on the advance which i feel makes the overall response from idle and the full throttle from cruising smoother...

hope this helps..
              Cheers
              1982 XS1100R
              1982 XJ650
              1983 VT400
              1990 XVS Shadow
              1983 Z1100

-I just love the look on their faces when you leave them standing in the dust after they've lined you up on your XS.

Comment

Working...
              X