78E Paint Color

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 78E Paint Color

I picked up a 78E today with faring, bags, and trunk, I see that the color for the 78E was Macho Maroon. This one is a deep blue, would Yamaha have painted the later serial numbers with the 79 color? What does Indigo Blue look like? Anyone have a pic of Indigo Blue?
    Gary
    79sf
    78e

78 EU models were also silver...
    Are you sure the paint is original? Original rear flasher holders (inside licence plate... erm... plate) is also painted the same color as the bike... you might want to check it out. People don't usually bother to paint that bit. At least mine isn't painted, still macho maroon. The rest of the bike is black, chromed or rusted.

LP
    If it doesn't have an engine, it's not a sport, it's only a game.
    (stole that one from I-dont-know-who)

Comment

look at the pictures under the "Rear Controls" thread. My '79 XS is Indigo Blue.
      DZ
      Vyger, 'F'
      "The Special", 'SF'
      '08 FJR1300

Comment

No I'm not sure if it is original. The original flasher mountings are black like the frame. The tail piece is the same color as the tank, both have gold pinstrip. Thanks Denny, that is the color and the same pinstrip.
        Last edited by CA.XSer; 10-20-2002, 09:03 PM.
        Gary
        79sf
        78e

Comment

Are you sure you have a '78? My '79 was manufactured in '78. Check your serial number against this list:

http://xs11.com/specifications/serialno.shtml
          DZ
          Vyger, 'F'
          "The Special", 'SF'
          '08 FJR1300

Comment

That info is expanded a bit here in the Miscellaneous Tips as
            Serial Number & Model Identification
            Mike * Seattle * 82 F'n'XJ1100 *

Comment

The serial no. is 2H7-005325 so looks like a 78 to me.
              Gary
              79sf
              78e

Comment

Originally posted by CA.XSer
                No I'm not sure if it is original. The original flasher mountings are black like the frame. The tail piece is the same color as the tank, both have gold pinstrip. Thanks Denny, that is the color and the same pinstrip.
                You'll have to take off the licence plate... the plate behind has a hole in the middle, so you can see, where the rods from flashers are fixed. There somewhere should be the original paint. The rest of my bike was painted rather well.

Eh, well... if you like the color, don't bother, if you don't, have it painted.

LP
                If it doesn't have an engine, it's not a sport, it's only a game.
                (stole that one from I-dont-know-who)

Comment

Strom

Nothing under the plate other than wires and rusty chrome!
                  Gary
                  79sf
                  78e

Comment

Working...
                  X