rear controls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear controls

Well, my test run up Sid's, over to Lillooet, down to Hope, and back to Olympia was successfull.

The only problem was the shifter thingie (part the boot contacts) fell off 10minutes from Sid's house. I had forgotten to tight and thread lock it. Sid dug up the right kind of bolt and a piece of fuel line to cover it and I was back in action.
    Well, my test run up Sid's, over to Lillooet, down to Hope, and back to Olympia was successful.

The only problem was the shifter thingie (part the boot contacts) fell off 10minutes from Sid's house. I had forgotten to thread lock it. Sid dug up the right kind of bolt and a piece of fuel line to cover it, I was back in action.

The riding position is extremely comfortable for me and it is nice to have brake and shifter. The set up feels very natural.

If there is enough interest by others for this kind of setup, I may consider manufacturing some sets. There is a lot of machine work and raw materials invovled. I haven't priced it all out to see what I would have to charge yet. Contact me off line (denny_zander@hotmail.com) if you are interested and we will see what happens.

I think I will at least post a "How To" for those interested in making their own.

I pained everything black to match my bike, so the pictures may be hard to figure out.

DZ
    Vyger, 'F'
    "The Special", 'SF'
    '08 FJR1300

Re: rear controls

Hi,
    I would love to see a photo with you sitting on the bike to get a better idea of how you line up with the rear controls.

The work you did looks good!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dennyz
    [B]Well, my test run up Sid's, over to Lillooet, down to Hope, and back to Olympia was successfull.
    Mark Van Winkle
    Spokane, WA
    K7HPT
    79SF

Comment

Very nice, Denny!

I'd noticed in the past you (and others as well) would put your feet on the rear pegs when you could. This is a great setup for those who like to do that. Looks great too!
      Mike * Seattle * 82 F'n'XJ1100 *

Comment

Mark wrote:

"I would love to see a photo with you sitting on the bike to get a better idea of how you line up with the rear controls."

Here you go!

DZ
        Vyger, 'F'
        "The Special", 'SF'
        '08 FJR1300

Comment

VERY impressive, Denny! Nice work quality
          Norm Willey
          94 BMW K75RT
          nwilley@shaw.ca

Comment

Originally posted by nwilley
            VERY impressive, Denny! Nice work quality
            The heck with the work, did you see how clean the shop is!!

Thanks for the photos.
            Mark Van Winkle
            Spokane, WA
            K7HPT
            79SF

Comment

Working...
            X