stupid stupid.... I need a side cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stupid stupid.... I need a side cover

I'm putting the battery in the 79 to bring it home from my folks garage after the winter and I put the side cover in a "safe" place so as not to loose it or get it kicked around and scratched up.. I put it in the recycling bin... Yeah, you can see where this is going... The battery was dead so I put the bike back and took the battery home to charge, while forgetting to grab the side cover... Well, guess what today was. Recycling day! Can you believe how stupid!!!!!!!!!

So - anyone got a side cover for a 79 XS1100 - Brown if you've got it.

free

check out spring cleaning thread....the tab can be repaired.....chop
    MDRNF
    79F.....Not Stock
    80G......Not Stock Either....In the works

Comment

Oh geez, rotten break .... wonder if some eagle-eyed recycler will spot it and put it up on Ebay??
      80G Mini-bagger
      VM33 Smooth bores, Pods, 4/1 Supertrapp, SS brake lines, fork brace

Past XS11s

79F Stone stocker and former daily driver, sold May '10 now converting for N.O. to cafe style
      79SF eventually dismantled for parts
      79F Bought almost new in 80, sold for a house
      79F The Ernie bike sold to a Navy dude summer 08
      79SF Squared-off Special, Vetter/Bates tour pkg., Mikes XS coils, G rear fender and tail light. Sold June 09

Comment

The Color .... Brown?

Tried to PM you but box is full ... would you believe that the one I have is actually brown ... ish. Will compare cover with 79 Std tomorrow and let ya' know
        80G Mini-bagger
        VM33 Smooth bores, Pods, 4/1 Supertrapp, SS brake lines, fork brace

Past XS11s

79F Stone stocker and former daily driver, sold May '10 now converting for N.O. to cafe style
        79SF eventually dismantled for parts
        79F Bought almost new in 80, sold for a house
        79F The Ernie bike sold to a Navy dude summer 08
        79SF Squared-off Special, Vetter/Bates tour pkg., Mikes XS coils, G rear fender and tail light. Sold June 09

Comment

I like Brown - ish.....

Lemme know if it's available and I'll pick it up from you - assuming of course that it's not in 3 pieces

I'll clean up my folder if you want to PM me. Thanks!

Tom B.

Comment

Working...
          X