Ignition Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ignition Question

Hey does an XJ have an Inductive Electronic Igniotion like an XS? I still havn't found the coils I want to buy. I found an Accel kit @ Dennis KIrk and when I called them they said I needed the coils with a primary resistance of .7 ohms but everything I've read here is contrary to that. I think I'm correct saying that I need coils with a PR of 3 ohms. http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/produc...d=#topSpecsTab
    This is the kit I'm thinking about getting.

Thanks
    Jake
    82 XJ1100 "Slave One"

Hey Mort,

Yes, those are the ones you need, with the 3 ohm resistance. The XJ as well as the XS uses a TCI....transistorized controlled ignition, not a CDI type which does use the 0.7 ohm type coils!

Not sure if you've seen the recent thread about using the high output coils from MikesXS. They are pretty much plug and play, have the 2.5ohm resistance needed for the XJ.

Many folks sing the praises of the expen$ive branded high performance coils. However, if you're just looking for replacements, but don't want to spend $$ for Yamaha OEM, MikesXS ones are a decent alternative! It's your $$.
    T.C.
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Thank ya

Hey T.C.
      Thanks, your always a help. I do know about the replacements from MikesXS but I am looking for more of a proformance upgade. Thanks again
      Jake
      82 XJ1100 "Slave One"

Comment

Working...
      X