choke spring (not the tiny one)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• choke spring (not the tiny one)

I pulled off the choke lever to clean it and in my infinite wisdom decided to seperate the two pieces. I have tried to get it back together with the spring to no avail. Do I NEED the spring or can I go without it.

Thanks,

Camron

You pretty much need all the springs it started with. Can you post a small image to show which one you are having trouble with, and where you think it needs to go? Somebody with a loose bank of carbs might then be able to send back a photo showing how it all goes together.
    Ken Talbot

Comment

Ken,

I think he's talking about the spring that's around the hinge pin that makes up the 2 parts of the choke lever that bolts to the outside of the carb body. The choke rod has the detents and the small bb and spring to keep it in position. I replaced a broken lever with just a hinge from Lowes, NO SPRING, and it moves and stays closed just fine, so I think he can go without it!
      T.C.
      T. C. Gresham
      81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
      79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
      History shows again and again,
      How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

On rereading, that makes sense, TC. I had visions of him taking the rack apart then running into trouble getting it back together. BTDT, and it wasn't pretty. A little ole choke spring shouldn't hurt much.
        Ken Talbot

Comment

Working...
        X