front master cylinder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• front master cylinder

I purchased a rebuilt kit from dennis kirk.is there a diagram?. when I removed it came to pieces.I tried to look on motorgrid but couldnt get a clear picture of the master. Thanks

Very easy. Look at the two rubber cups that slip over the plunger (piston)... The one with the slightly larger hole fits into the inner groove on the piston. Make sure the rubber is placed on the piston with the smaller part of the bevel facing rearward (toward the lever). The other rubber piece goes on the end of the piston, with the bevel oriented the same way, followed by the small washer, spring seat and the small end of the tapered spring sits in the seat. To make installing the first rubber piece onto the piston easier, place it in some very hot water to soften it , and that will allow it to stretch enough to get it over the thick shoulders on the piston. Use some brake fluid to lube the inside of the M/C before installing the assenbled piston. The easiest way to insert the piston is to hold the M/C so the piston bore is straight up and down. That way the spring won't fall out of it's seat. Look here for the diagram.
    http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/parts/home.aspx
    Last edited by John; 03-15-2007, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X