Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear wheel set up

Hi Guys,
    just putting my project xs back together and can not seem to work out the rear wheel set up. does any one have a picture of the the sequence of bits i.e. the spacer, caliper braket etc, it is driving me mad !!

great site

Many thanks

Gary

go here -

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/parts/home.aspx

yamaha has good exploded drawings in the parts section of their web site, it's very handy.

Good luck,
    Andy

Comment

Andy,
      Many thanks.
      i still cannot see the bit i am concerned abot. I have a spacer that fits the axel but looks like a top hat, it has not come from anywhere else but it just does not look right !!

Gary

Comment

Hi, I have an 81 special, on the rear caliper side of the axle from the swingarm in I have the stamped steel torque stopper plate, the caliper assy bracket, then a top hat shaped piece against the rim where the brake disc is attached. I believe that is the part you are talking about, I think it is part #35, 3H3-25377-00-00 COLLAR, WHEEL on the yamaha page. Zoom in on the yamaha parts page and you should be able to see it. I can e-mail you a picture of my setup if you wish.
        good luck,
        Andy

Comment

Did you remove the seals on both sides of the wheel? I ask because on the left (drive unit) side there is a small bushing that looks like a top hat that sits right below the seal, and protrudes through the opening in the seal. It could easily be over looked. I just refurbished an XJ11 rear wheel for my bike, and when I took it to have it balanced, the wheel wobbled on the balancer, and couldn't be balanced. The bushing on the right side of the wheel didn't sit square in the wheel. I brought it home, and pulled the seal and lifted the bushing out, and what I found was the spring that goes around the seal lip had gotten dislodged, and had worked it's way between the end of the spacer tube, and the tophat looking bushing. I put the spring back in it's place, reinstalled everything, and installed it back on the bike. Works like a charm. As far as the left side, according to Yama Mama, there is a second collar (spacer) on the right side of a Standard wheel, where the Special wheel doesn't have the second. Go back to the Yamaha parts site and compare the two models. Look at the diagram for the 80G...look at item#37, 38 & 39. Now look at the 80 LG...look at #35 & 36. There is an extra spacer/collar used on the G. I hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
          X