It's Aliiiive, it's Aliiive - - -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Aliiiive, it's Aliiive - - -

- - - as Frankenstein said when his monster twitched an eyelid.
    Finally after replacing most of the alternator parts to no avail, finding the red wire that Mr Stupid had trapped under a coil bracket to eventually ground itself and following much procrastination, I pushed the button, the engine ran and the tach worked to show that the alternator is charging! See the old fat guy dance for joy.
    Now to put everything back tidy and install the four Unipods that will replace that stupid air filter. OK I'm sure it worked fine as a filter but Lord does it get in the way and make carb servicing a knucklebusting drudgery.
    Right now the carbs have the stock 110 main jets, anyone have a best guess about if they need an upsize and if so, what?
    Fred Hill, S'toon.
    Fred Hill, S'toon
    XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
    "The Flying Pumpkin"

Jetting Recommendations are in Modifications, Carbs & Fuel System, Jetting. ...or just click here: Denny Zander's Jetting Recommendations
    Also, here's the Factory Pro website that has some tuning advice: CV Carb Tuning

Enjoy.
    -Do what makes you happy.

'79 Honda CB 750 K (2)
    '78 XS 11 E - "Rhona"
    ...and a 2nd E, for the goodies on it.

Comment

What else do you have on the bike (exhaust)? Special/standard? Buy that stock main, I like 80/81... I have uni pods and 4-1 on my '81 and run 120 mains.
      '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

Working...
      X