Headlight and turn signals for 1979XS11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlight and turn signals for 1979XS11

I just purchased a 1979 XS11 special with 10.200 miles from the original owner. It's a great looking bike except it has an Aero fairing on it, which I want to remove. My question is where can I find the original headlight and turn signals? It's been a long time since I've had a motercycle. I had an 80 xs11 in 1985. Can,t wait to get back on the road. Thanks to anyone who can help.

Just went through the same scenario with my 81 XS1100 SH.

Found the signals at partsnmore.com and the headlight assy on ebay.

Good luck

Rick

Comment

Headlight

I found that a head light bucket from an XS750- 850 triple will work on an 1100 Special. That's I have on my 80 SG. Seems parts for those bikes are easier to find than XS11 parts. A lot of parts from these bikes will interchange. Turn signals, handle bar switches, Tail light for 78-79. I have a tail light from a 650 Speial on mine. Same part # as XS11. It's amazing what desperation leads to.

Comment

I just happen to have an XS750 that I am parting out. Let me know if you're interested. I tried to use those same parts on my XJ1100, but they won't work on it.
        BTW, what is an "Aero" fairing? Is it a small fairing? I'd like to have a fairing or a windshield on my XJ, but I really don't care for the big Vetter type fairings. These bikes are big enough as it is!

John
        82 XJ1100J
        "eXJunk"
        Logansport, IN

Comment

Working...
        X