If you can help...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you can help...

I am in dire need of a left side cover for my 79 special. It looks really bad without it. I get made fun of at stoplights. They don't say anything after I leave them at the light, but I think she is starting to get self esteem issues.

If you can help me out I would be forever grateful.
    "It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees."

Ya know, the best reply to someone giving you grief at a stop light is what my brother told a harley rider at a stop light.
    Bro is 6'2",220pds, Bike, my old Kawi CSR305.
    Harley rider pulls up next to my bro and says sarcasticlly with a snicker, " nice bike "
    Bro looks at Harley and says," Yours to, You buy that?"
    Harley dud, "Ya"
    Bro, " I built this "
    Harley dud looks away with nothing to come back with.
    Point is, Who gives a rats @ss what other people think. The side cover is not going to affect the operation of your bike. Zip tie the wires and shop for a deal, or make a cover, as others have done, to get you by till ya can score one.
    S.R.Czekus

1-Project SG (Ugly Rat Bike)(URB)
    1-big XS patch
    1-small XS/XJ patch
    1-XS/XJ owners pin.
    1-really cool XS/XJ owners sticker on my helmet.
    2-2005 XS rally T-shirts, (Bean Blossom, In)
    1-XVS1300C Yamaha Stryker Custom (Mosquito)
    1-VN900C Kawasaki Custom (Jelly Bean)

Just do it !!!!!

Comment

Yeah, I know. I think it's funny how much emphasis is put on having everyhting perfect on a bike here. It's like when I drive my cadillac in the summer with the doors off, people don't know what to think.

I've been thinking about making a cover, but I'm not sure what to use or how I want to do it yet. Any suggestions?

Comment

I am picking up a 81sh in about 10 days. It is a junker in pieces in some guys shop. Sometimes there are sidecovers from other yrs. I will keep the next 79special sidecovers I find for you.andreas

Comment

Right on! Thanks!

Comment

Hey Kurt, would'nt worry bout self esteen for a few days.............ya got some more white stuff commin' your way...............watch the ebay gods, there seems to be some or one on there all the time.
            81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Hey Kurt tell him it's been nice enough to ride here for last 2 weeks and I am in same boat with left side special cover have regular on for now will let you know find any in area
              " That glass isn't half empty it has a hole in it "

79 SF set to cruise

80special work in progress

and now 78 needs work

Comment

Here too, all winter..........advantage: when it hits the ground, turns to water.....lol. I'll watch for sidecovers here too, occassionally they pop-up.
                81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

I was actually out last night at 11pm when the snow started. It was the worst experience ever, but also was very fun. I was one of the only people on the road, and the looks I got from others in their cars with jackets on... priceless. I was wishing that my helmet had a wiper on it though

Ebay has had a couple of side covers for 80's, but the connections are different. The only one I've seen for a 79 was almost garbage and they guy wanted almost $50 for it. Im not that stupid.

Comment

Working...
                  X