grab bars interchange?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grab bars interchange?

I am looking for a set a grabbars for my 79 sf so my son can ride with me. All I have found at the local bike bone yard is 80 Xj grab bar that I think is from a 750? will they fit?

The yard has 2 Xs11's (1 std 78 the other is a 79 not sure std or spc. 4 xs400 and a triple. I am planning on buying both 11's for parts and maybe 2 of the 400 for my wife to ride. any knowlage of how the 400 handle and run would help also.
    68 Honda Cl350 (sold)
    76 Honda Cb 400 super sport
    79 special (skull bike)
    79 special (parts bike w/title)
    79 special
    80 standard full dress (Sat 24 years)
    81 special (parts for now trying to get the title)
    81 kaw 750 ltd (sold to brother-in-law)
    80 650 maxim (fixing for wife)
    81 650 maxim
    81 Xs 650 special ( No title found in a barn)
    88 Zx 600r (Sold)
    01 Gz 250

The grab bars are different for the year and model of bike. The standard will fir 78 through 80, and I think the special 79 and 80 are the same. The XJ is different.
    I would look into a rack and or backrest to carry someone. The grab bars are NOT that good of a way to try and hold on with the power of an XS!!
    If you are not sure of the second bike, the quick and dirty way to tell is look at the front forks. ALL stanard models have the axle on the bottom, and the specials have the axle part way up the lower fork tube. The other way is look at the rear rim. Standards are all 17", and the specials and XJ are 16" rims.
    Ray Matteis
    KE6NHG
    XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
    XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

grab bar

I have a grab bar off a 81 xs 1100 sh I can send pics

Comment

Working...
      X