Question about Rear M/C XJ11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Rear M/C XJ11

I am trying to rid my XJ of the complex linked braking and wanted to know if the "regular" rear Master Cylinder for an XS will mount up to the Maxim. From my understanding, if I just rebuilt the cylinder and used on the rear only, the brake may be "overpowered" due to the large cylinder displacement. Will an XS cylinder bolt up in the correct location with the two bolts? Does anyone have one? I'm really interested in simplifying and ditching this old master cylinder. By the way I couldn't find this specific info on "search" so please help...
    Ride safe!

XS brakes

Both my XS's will lock up the rear easily.
    Should just take some getting use to if you take out the link,

but....think I've read in this forum that the front MC is for just one brake and that it should be changed to an XS to handle the load for dual fronts. All your hard stops (XSept running into something) will be using 75% font........

mro

Comment

So what is the ratio of the linked system? 60/40 front/rear or some such? I'll have to check if they mount the same, but if an xs850 triple rear MC will fit I may be able to find a spare. They're made for a single rear disc. I'll try to remember to check the mounts...
      sorry, no signature--illiterate!!

Comment

I've got spares of both standard and special XS Mc's and calipers
        Original brake lines etc.. If interested let me know.

mro

Comment

So no one really answered my initial question - would an XS rear master cylinder bolt up to the rear of an XJ? Really appreciate if someone knows - as there is a much larger availability of XS M/C's as well as the rebuilding kits. Anyone know?
          Ride safe!

Comment

no one really answered my initial question

Did not read whole thread, but has some XJ brake info...

Click it.....
            http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread...=linked+brakes

mro

Comment

Working...
            X