Oh, I like it....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh, I like it....

I went for the first test ride today with the 750 final. Before 3500 was 50 MPH, now 3500 is closer to 65 MPH. Hard to tell acurately yet as one of the other things I have to do is lubricate the internal workings of the speedo as, until it has been riden for awhile it jumps around some. I'm anxious to see what this does with the mileage.
    You can't stay young forever, but you can be immature for the rest of your life...

'78E "Pathfinder" Show bike...
    Lovingly restored by Dave Delzell
    Drilled airbox
    Tkat fork brace
    Hardly mufflers
    late model carbs
    Newer style fuses
    Oil pressure guage
    Custom security system
    Stainless braid brake lines

Make sure the speedo cable is good and lubed before you tear into the speedo housing. Might do the trick w/o all the work.
    '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

Speedo cable..

I already did the cable lube thing. The speedo lube thing is easy. Couple of smll holes in the body and I squirt some dry silicone in there should do it. I did a longer ride and it looks like I gain about 10 to 12 MPH at 3500 RPM
      You can't stay young forever, but you can be immature for the rest of your life...

Drilled airbox
      Tkat fork brace
      Hardly mufflers
      late model carbs
      Newer style fuses
      Oil pressure guage
      Custom security system

Comment

5-4

what do you think @ trailer passing? in 5th doin' 70-75 behind an 18 wheeler, drop to forth and hammer the throttle.....this will test if your clutch discs need attention....
        MDRNF
        79F.....Not Stock
        80G......Not Stock Either....In the works

Comment

Next gear...

I was always looking for the next gear (6th) when I was riding on the freeway and the excelleration at 80 MPH without downshifting is nothing short of unbelievable. 80 to 120 is a matter of about 3 seconds. I haven't done that kind of riding yet, but you can be assured I will test it ASAP. So far I'm very pleased with the results and how easy it was.

Drilled airbox
          Tkat fork brace
          Hardly mufflers
          late model carbs
          Newer style fuses
          Oil pressure guage
          Custom security system

Comment

Working...