Clear All

• Better pics!!

Here are a few better pics of my ride.

What do you think? I like it.
    "It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees."

Nice! I like the tail light
    wingnut
    81 SH (Daily Ride)
    81 650XJ (Brother in laws bike, Delivered)
    81 650XJ Jane Doe (Son's Ride)
    82 750XJ Project bike (Son in law's future ride)
    81 XS 400

No man has a natural right to commit aggression on the equal rights of another; and this is all from which the laws ought to restrain him.”

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

What do you think?....

I think you got too much black on her.
      Take off the coo... er....funky bags and you can send em to me

mro
      btw, missing side covers?

Comment

...to much black...

You can never have to much black!! The bike is actually supposed to be black, the red tank was in way better shape then the original. (especially after my botched fuel gauge attempt )

Yeah I am missing the left side cover. I've been looking for one since December to no avail. Got one for me?

Comment

noticed the rubber from the back of your shoe on the exhaust, i found some SOS pads used gently with water will take that off and it doesn't hurt the finish on the chrome at all. mine looks great now. Just an FYI for you. if you knew that already tell me to shut up and throw something at me!

peace

Comment

NO left side cover

Think only extra cover I have left is a right.

Been thinking a set o bags like yours would look really nice on my MNS.
            At least they would match my paint

mro

Comment

Yeah. I like them. They are Willie and Max. I got them at a swap for $40. They came with a free used bottle of water

Comment

...throw something at me

I'm going on record once again stateing that those scuffs on my muffs are from the PO.

That being said, thanks I actually didn't think of an sos pad. I was thinking of trying sandpaper next... not as good for the finish I think.

Comment

Nice ride Kurk.................Don't you just love how these things survive in Colo. climate?................never mind the year round riding and the best variety of scenery that we at times take for granted.
                  81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Hey Kurt,

Before you try something so abrasive, do a search here. I remember reading about several techniques(chemical) to remove the burned on scuff marks from rubber soled boots! That way you might not dull your finish so much with the SOS or Emory paper!?
                    T.C.
                    T. C. Gresham
                    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
                    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
                    History shows again and again,
                    How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Yeah, like try acetone or fingernail polish remover...

Originally posted by TopCatGr58
                      Hey Kurt,

Before you try something so abrasive, do a search here. I remember reading about several techniques(chemical) to remove the burned on scuff marks from rubber soled boots! That way you might not dull your finish so much with the SOS or Emory paper!?
                      T.C.
                      Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

Yeah, I really wasn't all that concerned about it. I'll try some fingernail polish remover. I don't like acetone. I had some explode all over me when I was making a custom footbed for a ski boot.

Comment

Originally posted by motoman
                          Nice ride Kurk.................Don't you just love how these things survive in Colo. climate?................never mind the year round riding and the best variety of scenery that we at times take for granted.

Yes I do. The ride from here to Aspen is the best!! Last time I was up there my dad and I witnessed Arnold Schwartzenager fall on his bicycle . I thought it was the funniest thing ever.

Comment

He seems to be accident-prone. Kurt, we are going to have to hook up for a ride this summer. I live in Arvada.

Originally posted by Kurt

I witnessed Arnold Schwartzenager fall on his bicycle . I thought it was the funniest thing ever.
                            Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

Cool. I'm always down for riding with new people.

Comment

Working...
                              X