1981 xs1100h special specs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1981 xs1100h special specs?

I am picking up my 81' xs1100 h with vetter fairing tomorrow, Friday. I will be ordering the cd repair manual but was curious on basic specs of bike such as gas/oil capacities, mpg for apparently completely stock bike running/ idles well. This is my 2nd posting and the site has been really helpful. I am paying $450.00 for it and it has 40K miles and in good shape. Needs minor work and TLC but is rideable as is. Thanks

Manual...specs

Hey there David,
    If you're not familiar with the Yahoo groups, go to the following

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/allxs11s/

Join, it's free, then go to the files section, you will find a owner's manual in PDF format there, read the README file first to learn how to D/L it and assemble it, it was too large to be posted in one file for Yahoo, so it's in 2 parts, the first part Yahoo mislabeled it as the PDF file, but it is only the SPLIT first half, you will need the second half and the little batch file to assemble it.

Then you will have a complete owner's manual for the 81H and SH series bikes with capacities and simple maintanence info.

BTW, you are mixing terms with your subject line, the "H" is the Standard, the SH is the Special, so if yours says SPECIAL on the side covers, then you are getting the SH, not the H, but since you described it with fairing, it might be the "H" standard...sorry if so!! Specials are truly special!!!!
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Hey thanks, I went and signed up for yahoo groups. When I get back to my hi-speed connection(visiting folks) I will download it and run batch.

D.

Comment

You still have to change the ext. from .pdf to .001 and run the batch file.

LP
        If it doesn't have an engine, it's not a sport, it's only a game.
        (stole that one from I-dont-know-who)

Comment

Working...
        X