carb parts interchange with xs650

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carb parts interchange with xs650

Hello all, just wondering if the nozzles in which my needle valve slides in is interchangable with that of a 1980 xs650, I know the needle valve assy is the same. I have a 1980 xs1100 std, and need to buy one from Mikesxs, but want to be sure they are the same. Anyone know the difference other than jet size between the 650 and 1100 BS34 carbs?? Kim
    1980 XS100G Standard, Full Dresser
    1980 Honda CB125S
    1984 Honda Nighthawk 650
    1986 BMW K100RT
    2004 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic

Hey Kim,

I remember a user recently(past few months) had broken his NOZZLE Needle Jet, and got one or some from MikesXS and it fit fine. I think he got 4 and replaced them all to ensure matching, but not sure? I'm sure he'll see this and may post, I can't remember who it was?
    T.C.
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

nozzle jet

TC,
      Thanks, I broke mine by trying to pry the vacuum piston up (sitting idle for 12 years) by far the ugliest carbs I've ever seen, but I am determined to resurrect it, hindsight tells me I should have tapped the nozzle, needle, and piston up together, but I was not patient. Anyway I broke off a bit of the brass as seen in the airbox side of the bore. It possibly would work ok but want to replace it. I really think the 650 is the same part. I went to bike bandit and looked up both parts but was not listed for the 650. The float needle valve assy's were indentical as well as other parts, floats, hinge pins, etc. Hopefully someone will know for sure. Or someone might have a spare??? thanks in advance, Kim
      1980 Honda CB125S
      1984 Honda Nighthawk 650
      1986 BMW K100RT

Comment

Kim

I have some donor carbs from an 81SH. I still have a couple of the nozzles. Ya' want one?
        I just checked Yama Mama's parts site, and the two nozzles you mentioned have different P/N's.
        I just checked again, and the SG and the SH 1100's share the same P/N for the nozzle.
        Last edited by John; 01-23-2007, 05:13 PM.

Comment

nozzle

John,
          Yes I'd love one. I hope to have the beast running next week. carb's were terribly dirty as well as oil, amazing what 12 years of sitting will do. I have new jets and new float needle valves and seats ordered as well as new hinge pins. Yes I do need a nozzle. Let me know how much $$$ My address here in Norman is:

Kim Paige
          USPS/MARRIOTT HOUSING RM 2094
          2801 E State Hwy 9
          Norman, OK 73071-1104

Thanks again so much, be sure to give me a holler when you are up my way in Maine, Kim

kimrpaige@yahoo.com
          1980 Honda CB125S
          1984 Honda Nighthawk 650
          1986 BMW K100RT

Comment

Working...
          X