Need a king seat for tall guy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a king seat for tall guy

I see all the great looking bikes on here and I'm jealous mine looks great except for the seat. I own a 1980 xs eleven SG and it has what I consider as the stock seat. It has many cracks in the cover and needs to be replaced. I'm looking for a seat that is only for a single rider and is slightly farther back than the special seat I now have (I'm 6'4" and my legs have to fold under my knees to sit down) Can anyone direct me to a place that can help me with my seat dilemma?

Meteor3178
    San Marcos, TX
    1980 XS Eleven SG
    Meteor3178
    1980 XS1100SG
    My mods:
    SS Brake Lines
    Takt fork brace
    Goldwing handlebars
    Progressive fork springs & shocks
    Blade fuses and fuseholder
    850 Final drive
    Vetter Trunk
    "the meteor lit up the highways"

Talked to a foam company recently. Said could cut/shape the type of foam on our seats with an electric carving knife. Have not tried it yet.

Sounds like you need (want) a custom seat.
    Since you want to R&R your cover...
    You can take it off, reshape the foam to your liking, then find an upholstery shop for new cover.

mro

Comment

Hey Meteor,

Check out COSKY's member homepage. He makes seats. Though I think he is "down under" he might know where to steer you!
      GL
      JimBoReeno
      My Ex!"Half-Breed"
      '82 XJ1100 Maxim with
      '80 XS1100SG Motor

Current Bike
      2000 Indian Chief
      Millennium Edition

Comment

Check out Diamond Seats on the web. They custom build seats according to the rider's personal measurements. They'll fit you well. I have one and it's so good I never give it a thought. I bet they can help you out.
        1980 XS 11 Special: The King of Kong, 9th wonder of the world. Pacifico fairing, chopped shield, Yamaha hard bags, Diamond seat, T-Kat fork brace, XJ top end, YICS Eliminator, '80 carbs from Spyder Cycle Works, K&N Air filter, Fuse block, stainless steel valves & reg/rect from Oregon MC Parts. Raptor CCT, XJ air shocks, 850 FD, Sportster mufflers, Standard handle bar, Tusk Bar Risers, SS braided brake lines. Cat Eye speedometer. HID projector beam headlight, LED running lights.

Comment

Working...
        X