ultrasonic cleaner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ultrasonic cleaner

I just got my ultrasonic cleaner, for cleaning carbs mainly, and whatever else. I didn't get a basket with it. Do they work better if the parts are not sitting on the bottom? If you put a lot of parts in does that reduce the cleaning action? Less is better, or just load it up? I put in some automatic dish washing soap, thought that would help??? All I've done so far is some grubby and stained carb bowls. Cleaned em up like new, although it took a while. Any suggestions, ideas, do's or don'ts are encouraged.

Thanks Red Bandit
    79 F full cruiser, stainless brake lines, spade fuses, Accel coils, modded air box w/larger velocity stacks, 750 FD.
    79 SF parts bike.

I use an ultra sonic at work
    we mix a cleaner with it also

mine has a baskit with little rubber feet on it
    it seems that the ultrasonic creates a vibration, and the parts are actually moving back on forth from the ultra sound waves

if you have them right on the bottom of your tank
    it will wear a hole in your tank, thats why a baskit with rubber feet

it does take awhile to clean carbs, but does a great job
    http://home.securespeed.us/~xswilly/
    78E main ride, since birth the "good"
    78E Parts, the "bad" fixing up now
    78E Parts the "ugly" maybe next year
    79F Parts
    80G Parts
    75 DT 400B enduro

Comment

I used to work at a Jewelry store I the distant past and we cleaned everything in the ultrasonic machine. We used "Mr. Clean "and Ammonia 2 parts to 1 and the rest hot water. Changed it often. Parts in baskets are suspended with copper wire. or merely hung in solution with copper wire, just depending on the size of parts. Clean your gun parts in the ultrasonic cleaner you'll be a happy shooter. You may have to experiment with the solution(s) to find the best combinations for various cleaning tasks. If I had the money I would buy one ASAPand clean carbs etc. with one of these. It's the best way to clean small intricate parts IMHO.
      Cheers, 50gary
      Last edited by 50gary; 01-13-2007, 08:35 AM.

Comment

Good for you guy. I called a cleaning service place in town the other day and the guy said it would cost a min of $300 to get anything ultrasonic cleaned. He said the solution was the expensive part. I asked if they could do a run with something cheaper like simple green or something, nope. So much for getting my carbs cleaned like that.
        '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

that guy is gouging you
          the solution we use is about 20 dollars
          and it mixes enough to fill the tank twice
          carbs do ruin a mix of solution especially if real nasty
          but 10 dollars worth of solution is worth it
          http://home.securespeed.us/~xswilly/
          78E main ride, since birth the "good"
          78E Parts, the "bad" fixing up now
          78E Parts the "ugly" maybe next year
          79F Parts
          80G Parts
          75 DT 400B enduro

Comment

Pehaps your interested I just ran across this on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ultrasonic-Clean...item5007923984

Comment

ThanXS for the find. However, the guy really didn't sound interested in my business. They offer the cleaning as part of a package in home damage resteration.
              '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

PD680

Want to get them real clean fast. Put dry cleaning solvent in the ultrasonic tank. Removes all the gunk in about 3 hours
                wingnut
                81 SH (Daily Ride)
                81 650XJ (Brother in laws bike, Delivered)
                81 650XJ Jane Doe (Son's Ride)
                82 750XJ Project bike (Son in law's future ride)
                81 XS 400

No man has a natural right to commit aggression on the equal rights of another; and this is all from which the laws ought to restrain him.”

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
                X